First band practice with new Mark V!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drahthaar

Reaction score
Last night was my first band practice with my new mark V. Needless to say I was very well pleased with tones. This is probably the best equipment purchase I have made. I have no regrets selling the roadster. The tone I am getting is what has been in my head all this time. Playing the Mark IV mode had me grinning from ear to ear but what really blew me away was the clean tones in Fat mode. The Mark V clean in my opinion should not be underestimated. As a former Roadster owner and in comparing the two I would take the Mark V clean over the Roadster (my opinion only). My drummer who I have played with for years said it was the best sounding amp he has heard. He said the Roadster sounded good but the Mark V was just on another level. Just thought I would share my experience, I am very well pleased. Can't wait for our next gig!

Drahthaar said:
Last night was my first band practice with my new mark V. Needless to say I was very well pleased with tones. This is probably the best equipment purchase I have made. I have no regrets selling the roadster. The tone I am getting is what has been in my head all this time. Playing the Mark IV mode had me grinning from ear to ear but what really blew me away was the clean tones in Fat mode. The Mark V clean in my opinion should not be underestimated. As a former Roadster owner and in comparing the two I would take the Mark V clean over the Roadster (my opinion only). My drummer who I have played with for years said it was the best sounding amp he has heard. He said the Roadster sounded good but the Mark V was just on another level. Just thought I would share my experience, I am very well pleased. Can't wait for our next gig!

Congrats man! I was in the same boat the first time i had band practice too. And then it just keeps getting better. Ive had mine for a few months now, and countless practices. Just last week, I had the best tone I have had of it yet, it was awesome. The things keeps surprising me.

I'll always choose a Mark amp over a Rectifier, they just sound more natural to me. Glad you're appreciating it! I've seen others here tweak and tweak to aggravation. It's pretty much a plug and play amp to me unless I really feel like nailing a tone.

I agree. I was suprised how easy it was to dial in a great tone. It truly was like you said plug and play. I spent 2 years tweaking the roadster and I never could get it to where I was satisfied. One day it would sound great the next not so great.
The only problem I am finding with the Mark V is which modes to use, they all sound great. I tried tweed tonight on 10 watts with the gain dimed. The responsiveness was unbelievable. With my firebird on the bridge pickup I could get a cool Black Crowes type of sound. When switching to the middle position or just rolling the volume back it would clean up really nice and if I dug in it would start breaking up. Sorry to keep rambling on, I am just really digging the Mark V.

Congrats Drahthaar on your new purchase of the V. I can't compare it to the Roadster, but used to own a RK and haven't looked back.

Best of luck and enjoy! The V is an awesome amp! :D

Back