Finally have a Mark IV (Big Pics)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonyjh3

Reaction score
So I'm finally a member of the Mark IV club. It almost didn't happen. I've had one on order for a while. When I called my Mesa rep when I found out
they were discontinued he said my order probably wouldn't be filled. Luckily I found one at a place a few hours from my house, and it was brand new in the box. Serial is 13093 so I'm assuming its one of the last medium heads. The amp is amazing, its everything I hoped it would be. Right now I've got it set for a Metallica style clean on R1, Hetfield style crunch on the Lead, and a sort of Alex Lifeson style crunch on R2. The range of tones on it is amazing, and I love all the features especially the Effects Loop and that magical graphic EQ. I know a lot of people hate all the knobs and push/pulls, but I love all the sounds you can get by messing with them and I find the amp well laid out and easy to use so for me its a benefit. Any way on to the pics.

MARLIV5.jpg

MARKIVRIG.jpg

MARKIVRIG2.jpg

MARKIV4.jpg

Nice rig. I think I saw you @ YouTube, you played some Metallica tune, right?

Anyway it sounded good, Mark IV is a great amp.

Na, wasn't me, don't have a video camera. Hopefully I can at least get some
clips posted in the near future though.

Nice set up bro

That's a nice looking ESP.

You lucked out on the Mark IV....probably one of the last of the moheekans (sp?)

Yeah, it definitely sounds massive. I'd like to get a Traditional cab and
see what it sounds like with a slightly smaller cab. Sounds great as is though for cleans and crunch.

Congratulations on the IV. I also had one on order (15 weeks, ordered in January of this year). My story is similar, although I decided to get a refund and purchase one on eBay. Things worked out well, I bought a mint short head which is what I wanted originally anyway. Enjoy!

Yeah I'm probably going to look for a used one in the near future to
take to band practice and have as a back up. I'll probably look for a
short head when the prices come back down.

Back