Finally had a chance to turn it up!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmcfee

Reaction score
I took the amp to a recording session today which is the first time I have been able to crank it to moderate volume and it sounded amazing! No more doubts about this baby!
I think playing it at bedroom volume simply was not allowing the amp to breathe. The Mark IV lead tone and the Mark IIC tones were devastating. Channel 1 was like the best Fender you ever heard.
The coolest thing was the fantastic amount of sustain this amp has.

rmcfee said:
I took the amp to a recording session today which is the first time I have been able to crank it to moderate volume and it sounded amazing! No more doubts about this baby!
I think playing it at bedroom volume simply was not allowing the amp to breathe. The Mark IV lead tone and the Mark IIC tones were devastating. Channel 1 was like the best Fender you ever heard.
The coolest thing was the fantastic amount of sustain this amp has.
Yessssssss!!!!!!let the amp breathe.... it definitely makes a big difference playing this amp at moderate to gig level.

Hahaha, yes. That's part of making this amp sound great.

It doesn't really "open up" until you get the channel masters half way and the output to about 10-11 o clock.

The Mark V is a monster at gigging volume!!!! I get excellent results at low volume but the magic requires volume.

Man I love this amp!

Same here. The character of the amp changes when you open up the power section.

Back