Finally got some head!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UsrName

Reaction score
Almost three years later, I finally transformed my Mark IV combo into head form, (sorry, for the misleading title!). I have been using the combo without a speaker as a sort of psuedo head.

Originally, it came loaded with an EVM. I found an empty Thiele cab and swapped it in there. I then bought a C90 and put it into the combo. However, I didn't like the way it sounded, so I usually only used the cab. I then just removed the C90 - it's been unused for quite awhile; think I'll throw it in my Blues Junior?

Anyway, long story short, I got into an accident with my car and ended up with a '72 Ford Maverick! It's a cool car, but the trunk is way too small to fit all my stuff, which prompted me to finally convert to a head, which I found on the bay. It still has a bit of weight to it, but is much easier to move around. Now to find a cover!

Here's some pics; what do you think?

Before:

4g9fmo5.jpg

2d14ak6.jpg

After:

ayq43c.jpg

2r756kz.jpg

Yep, I just made the change too. As gts said, the head weighs about half as much as a EV loaded combo. My back says "Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh!!!"

My MkIII is SOOO much more manageable as a head than a combo. Even as a head, it is heavy ...brother-in-law was helping me pack up after playing once and grabbed it ...darn near pulled his arm out of its socket as, in his words, it "looked light." Congrats ...and Thieles are the best!!! :)

Edward

billyg121 said:
i have the same setup.approx how much did it cost for the conversion?

Well, I put the EV into the Thiele, which I got empty for $125, right after I got the amp. I just recently got the head cab on ebay for roughly $300 including shipping. I just sold the combo cab to a Boogie Board member, so I got back some of the money I spent on the head cab. Definitely worth it, I think.

Herbie the Rad Dorklift said:
I want my Mark in a headhsell but no one in UK does it :(

Talk to GTS, he builds them and might consider shipping to you. I was going to have him build me one, before I found this one. He does great work!

Latest posts

Back