Finally got my Mesa back from the shop...2 months!! + video!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

polishcomedy

Reaction score
I don't know if you guys remember, but I had made a few posts about my Lonestar having a few problems. Well, it has been to two authorized repair guys. The first guy was a complete idiot and I even complained to Mesa about him. He charged me and didn't fix anything. He doesn't even play guitar, so he doesn't test the amps :evil: His shop is a dingy mess and he doesn't say more than 2 words to you, but has his clueless female assistant do all the talking.

The second guy was awesome. He had a nice clean shop, he was very knowledgeable, actually owns Mesa amps, and plays guitar. There was a mangled tube socket that was causing my intermittent problems. Mesa sent a replacement for free even though that wasn't under warranty. He did a complete re-tube, sprayed everything down with de-oxit, got my tubes to stop rattling, got the reverb to stop humming, and a few other things. Now it's a lot less noisy. He even deducted the fee that first moron charged me. Super cool dude. Hendrix Sound in Kissimmee, FL, if anyone lives here.

I've been playing flamenco, acoustic, and classical guitar (and also drums, piano, trumpet, and bass) while not having an amp, but I'm back to plugging in. This is my first time mic'ing, it, too (Shure SM57)...I made some mistakes, but check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ku2yBMhzleI

Well I'm sorry to hear these difficulties you've endured. But I hope it's all worth it to have your pig in top shape. Checked out the vid and some more. Your quite a player. Ain't nothing you can't do on any instument.

polishcomedy said:
I don't know if you guys remember, but I had made a few posts about my Lonestar having a few problems. Well, it has been to two authorized repair guys. The first guy was a complete idiot and I even complained to Mesa about him. He charged me and didn't fix anything. He doesn't even play guitar, so he doesn't test the amps :evil: His shop is a dingy mess and he doesn't say more than 2 words to you, but has his clueless female assistant do all the talking.

The second guy was awesome. He had a nice clean shop, he was very knowledgeable, actually owns Mesa amps, and plays guitar. There was a mangled tube socket that was causing my intermittent problems. Mesa sent a replacement for free even though that wasn't under warranty. He did a complete re-tube, sprayed everything down with de-oxit, got my tubes to stop rattling, got the reverb to stop humming, and a few other things. Now it's a lot less noisy. He even deducted the fee that first moron charged me. Super cool dude. Hendrix Sound in Kissimmee, FL, if anyone lives here.

I've been playing flamenco, acoustic, and classical guitar (and also drums, piano, trumpet, and bass) while not having an amp, but I'm back to plugging in. This is my first time mic'ing, it, too (Shure SM57)...I made some mistakes, but check it out!

No shat, small world! I use Hendrix too, class A dude! I had him go over my Mark III once I finally got it about a year ago to make sure everything was ok and whatnot since the shell was damaged in shipping. Very reasonable rates and a very sincere, honest guy. Since then he has definitely become my go-to guy should anything go wrong. Whereabouts are you located, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Melbourne area, well Palm Bay to be exact lol.

polishcomedy said:
... This is my first time mic'ing, it, too (Shure SM57)...I made some mistakes, but check it out!

Nice job playing Mr. Sandman! Guitar/amp sounds great too!

-Gary K

EleventhHour2139 said:
No shat, small world! I use Hendrix too, class A dude! I had him go over my Mark III once I finally got it about a year ago to make sure everything was ok and whatnot since the shell was damaged in shipping. Very reasonable rates and a very sincere, honest guy. Since then he has definitely become my go-to guy should anything go wrong. Whereabouts are you located, if you don't mind me asking? I'm in the Melbourne area, well Palm Bay to be exact lol.

Sweet, bro. I live in Altamonte Springs. The first place I went to was Wells Electronics. Don't ever go there. Hendrix is awesome!

plan-x said:
Well I'm sorry to hear these difficulties you've endured. But I hope it's all worth it to have your pig in top shape. Checked out the vid and some more. Your quite a player. Ain't nothing you can't do on any instument.

Thanks, man...this amp is the best thing ever made. Every time I play it I do a lot of writing cuz it's so inspiring! The only minor issue is I think my Carvin A/B box is killing my tone cuz it's bleeding into the unused channel. I'll have to get a BYOC or loop master or something. I just use it to take the Boss Tuner out of my signal.

I built a TB looper and got the plans if you want. Take a look. http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17202&p=125644#p125644

plan-x said:
I built a TB looper and got the plans if you want. Take a look. http://www.buildyourownclone.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17202&p=125644#p125644

cool. i don't need a tb looper, though, just need to fix the a/b box or get another one...the one at ggg is 30 bux, and 20 without the housing (i could just use the carvin housing)

Yeah, you could use the carvin enclosure. Download the PDF at GGG for a A/B box plan, get the parts at the local electronics store and DYI. Actually, Pedals parts plus has stuff cheap and cheap shipping, or do I recall, your out of the US?

Here is the layout for the A/B box. http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_sw_ab_lo.pdf?phpMyAdmin=4a28f86a515b7883e7bc35a68d4e7b6d
Simple. I built my looper from these GGG plans. You could modify your carvin to this with its existing components. The 3PDT switch and wiring ensures no bleed. Oh, and the guys at BYOC forum love to troubleshoot and help. They've helped me when my projects don't work right.

Thats for the LED's. To show which side is engaged, A or B. The box will switch regardless of a power supply or LED's present in the system.

Latest posts

Back