Finally....got a Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Perle

Reaction score
I previously had a Fender Princeton chorus 2x12 (good amp)
then someone gave me a classic Bassman 100 cab...
so I got a Peavey Valveking 100.....it was ok.
Sold those and got a Peavey Penta, this was a very nice amp.
It ran through my Behringer bg412h cab.....and all was good.
For the past six months...I thought so...then I noodled a bit on
triple recto a friend uses for his live shows......I was hooked.

Then I found this Mesa Dual Recto Tremoverb for $800.oo.
What an amazing change in sound.
Even with everything at 12 o'clock and just riffing around the first thing I noticed was the ""articulation""....a sense of tonal clarity.
This was amazing....it allowed me to hear the glory...and of course my embarrassing inability to string a couple of chords together sometimes.
It was like I needed to pay attention and tighten up what I was doing.

Now when I went for the #2 channel and dialed up the gain and crunch....it was a bit muddy. I attribute this to everything being Noon'ed and '"unspec'd". I started messing with the various settings and playing with the tones.
It was at this point I realised the sound had outclassed what I was pulling from the Penta.

Then I turned up the master from 9 to about 12.............holy shiite.
The cleans were beautiful.....and the vintage gain was dead nutz marshall tone (imho)........bang the footswitch, and for about 15.5 seconds....I was a metal gawd! Amazing....even at this moderate volume the clarity and definition was there.

:idea:

Congrats !!! You have IMHO, one of the best amps Mesa ever made. $ 800 is a great price too.
Mike

BTW.
I play (make noise with) a stock Gretsch 5120 hollowbody .....of course at moderate volume and proper distance from the amp and cab.....very schweet sounds.
My other guitar is a Epiphone Explorer with EMG 81/85's . The bluesy 12th fret tones from the neck pu' ...oh my gawrsh.

Between these two guitars......its been 5 hours since I started playing this new amp and the tones and sounds are incredible.

This is going to really throw a kink into my expensive cigar and Tequila habit.

Holy Guacamole ...a TremV for 800?? Nice score, man!!!

I haven't played one, but everyone I have heard (and even some of those I respect ;) ) who raves about this one Mesa can't all be wrong! Congrats, and welcome to the board!!

Edward

Posted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Those habits are easily overcome with beer!

YEP!! Cold beer and cold tequila :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ...and MORE volume never hurts either! :shock:

Great post.

Back in 1996 when I bought my first Boogie I auditioned a Tremoverb against The MKIV and eventually picked the MKIV. But I've always wondered if I made the right decision as the TV had such a sweet tone without really trying (everything at 12:00) and I've spent the last 12 years tweaking the MKIV to get the perfect tone! The MKIV is a killer amp but I've always found it a little clinical for clean sounds however I just got a LSC 212 and re-discovered that easy sweet tone that I remember liking so much about the Tremoverb.

Anyway enjoy the Tremoverb $800 is a great deal - I just paid over $3000 here in the UK for the LSC!

Back