Feedback problems with my triaxis.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The wizard

Reaction score
Help! Im in big trouble here, I just bougt a used Triaxis and I put new TAD 12ax7 higrade tubes in it. When I start to push the volum in the rehersal room up I get a lot of feedback on my lead sounds.
My settings for lead are:
Gain:7
Treble:6.5
Mid: 3.5
Bass: 3
Lead Drive2: 6
Master: 5
Pres: 2
Dynsmic voice:0
Im using Lead2 yellow.
Thanks!
Kjetil

Is it true feedback or more like a squeel? If your pickups aren't properly potted, they could squeel with hi-gain settings.

If it's not the guitar, then I'd try swapping preamp tubes around.

I'm thinkin' the preamp tubes?

With my Emgs I get a high squeel (they are active and have a preamp). That's only when the volume is up high along with the highs and gain. I turn the gain and highs down a little and the squeel goes away. MY amp never does this with my other guitar. Just a thought.

This definitely sounds like a preamp tube going microphonic. I would recommend replacing V2 with a fresh tube. If that doen't do it, then try V4 next. Refer to your manual for which tubes V2 and V4 are, or count from the guitar's input jack, starting with V1 for the first tube.

- T

Hi,
if tube changing does not work I could tell you following. I had also squeel probs in my earlier years. They all where caused by bad eq settings pre or post preamp. Do you use any external EQ?

Some weeks ago a guy monobridged my Marshall box in our band rehearsal room and didn't tell me. When I plugged in stereo I also got a squeel. I could recognize it before I blew the speakers. So just check this.

Anyway this sounds for me like a high frequency clip anywhere in your signal chain. Just check the level meters and try.
regards Andy

Back