FedEx From Weber Stolen Off My Porch!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundchaser59

Reaction score
Haven't heard from the FedEx driver yet, but it appears that a brand new hemp cone 12 inch Weber Blue Dog has been stolen off my front porch. I got here at 130pm, 90 minutes after they say they left it, and it is g-o-n-e!

But I cant file a police report until the driver confirms where he left it. Neighbor doesn't have it...... the sticky note on the front door was blank, but the web site tracking says "left on front porch." It's almost as if somebody was tailing the FedEx truck waiting for a chance to steal something.....

that is the move, trail the FE guy, you will get your $ or a new speaker dont worry

Yes, not to worry. When FedEx or UPS leaves a package on a doorstep or whatever unattended, they are assuming responsibility for it. You may have to go through the claim process, but you'll get paid.

they do have the "no signature REquired" box though, if you asked for a signature and they left it you are good to go, update?

Apparently the seller (Weber) will deal with FedEx, once they have a verification from FedEx that the speaker is, in fact, declared stolen then they collect from FedEx (Weber insured it and shipped it, the shipper has to file the claim) and they build me another one. Weber says after this happens once to any customer, every speaker they buy after that is automatically sent "signature required." Fine with me. I did file a police report, for what it's worth, even though they cant really do anything. I notified the used music gear place to watch for it, and I suppose I should check ebay a few times. The thieves probably didn't know what they were getting, and they wont have much use for it, not like it's a great hi-fi-speaker or anything. I would guess they will either try to sell it or they will dump it on a dirt road some where. Only thing I dont like is it has the receipt in it with my name and contact info.

The police said this is not the first report of the same thing this week, and the FedEx driver said this is the second package this week on his route alone that has been stolen off a porch. I think the thieves had to be watching. The chances of them just driving up and down the streets randomly and getting to my box within that 90 minute window (I got there 90 minutes after it was delivered and it was already gone) are pretty slim. Frankly, in retrospect, I'm kinda surprised this hasn't happened months ago. I've had maybe 100-150 things delivered to my front porch in the last 2-3 years, this is the first theft. Probably lucky it was only about $150 dollars worth of box!

That stinks, man!!!

Unfortunately, this kind of vermin is always out there, but clearly are more prevalent during the Christmas season as they prey on parked cars, deliveries, shoppers, etc.

You have recourse, friend. And the best thing about this entire ordeal is you don't have to live like these slimes do! BTW, we should all do our share and watch out for ebay 24/7/365 and "reward" anything that smells bad by not buying ...IMHO. Best to you!

Edward

Latest posts

Back