Favorite pedal to use with your Mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanboy

Reaction score
Just curious what's your favorite pedal to use with your Mark III, what pedal can't you live without, or which one do you use most?

I can't live without my MXR microamp. Used mine for around 28 years with my MK3

It's a simple, powerful clean boost but adds loads of versatility to all three channels. I can have a nice, mild clean tone then boost that for a clean solo. It's amazing with R2 making it from a middy, mild overdrive to very bright and aggressive. On lead it can add loads of sustain and it nice for creamy fluid legato runs.

The only others I use live with any regularity are an old rack digital delay in the fx loop and a wah.

For practice I put a looper pedal in the fx loop.

My mk III red stripe and coli red stripe have so much gain I cant hardly imagine a pedal in the front- at least for more gain.As replied, maybe a compressor,or say a timmy/archer,etc on ch2, idk..I love my mkiii's as is I guess.good question though..

I use a Mesa Tone burst with the purpose of adding the lack of bass in the clean channel when i have dialed in my lead sound. So I made a channel switcher with a FX loop and engages the tone burst in the clean channel only. Only one step on the floor and there it is. I usually play the IIC+, but it works just as well on the III.

Back