Favorite Guitar for Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knightkw

Reaction score
Just wondering, for those who have multiple guitars, which guitar is your favorite to play through your Lonestar. My personal favorite is my 1978 Gibson Les Paul Custom. The tone of this guitar through the amp is so sweet I almost can't stop playing. I also have a Gibson ES-137, a PRS Custom 24, and a Fender Lone Star Strat. I like the PRS next and then the Strat, but I'm not as impressed with the tone of a semi hollowbody like the ES-137 through the Lonestar. But yet that guitar sounds great through my Marshall TSL 122. Anyway, share your opinion if you like...

I think it all depends on your style of music....

I have a Roadster that has the Lonestar cleans (with less options) and I think it sounds best with a Telecaster w/single coils. All the lonesters I tried out I liked Tele's better with them too, I'm just not a humbucker guy unless it's for hard rock.

I mostly play country on the clean settings.

Both my 56 Strat and my Les Paul sound superb! But, then what guitar doesn's sound good through the Lonestar?

Whereas my Strat sounds the best through the Mark I.

i have a lss 2x12 and my fender tele delux with lace sensor pick ups sounds realy good very clean. i also have a gibson 2004 cs custom i put burstbuckers pro's on it then had it wired pre 1960 so i get that old gibson sound out of it.i also get a good sound out of my lss but well its good but i think you need the lsc with the 6l6's to realy get that fat true gibson sound so i am thinking of getting a lsc for my gibson although the road king and roadster claim to have the lsc voicing in witch case would make more sense to get

Well....I don't have a Lonestar but...I used to always play Les Pauls (some with EMG's) and Explorers. But since I got a Tele(I swore I would never own one) I love the sound of it through my Stiletto Ace...sooo many sounds, who knew a neck position single-coil could sing so well. I feel as though I missed out on many years of playing because I always looked away from single coils. I just added a Deluxe Tele butterscotch with the S-1 switching to my collection and that guitar rocks! Maybe its the "Ace" I dunno. I plan on taking it down to my local store and plugging it into a LS Special...maybe I could A/B the two amps. Not sure I wanna buy another amp though....I love my Ace with its clarity and BALLS!

Been enjoying both my humbucker and single-coil guitars through my LSS. Heck, my Aura-equipped acoustic and my new Gibby CJ165 sound amazing throught it as well.

My Lollar 52 equipped Tele sounds the best thru my LSC. I especially like the bridge p/u in the drive ch. I've played my Strat, and LP, thru the amp but I like the sound of the Tele thru it the best. Not to hijack the thread, but my Strat sounds better than the Tele thru my DRRI. So go figure?

My Tele absolutely sings through the LSS. Both clean and gritty are spine-tingling.

I have played a PRS McCarty and a Gib ES-335 through it quite a bit as well, with pleasing results. However I guess I agree with the folks that say EL84's and single coils seem to go together.

I have a G&L ASAT Semi on the way, can't wait to hear how it sounds through the LSS. 8)

I played G&L w/ Zebra coils through the LSS and they sounded the BEST over the tele, strat, LP, etc.

I have a Strat and LP and definitely like the Strat through the LSC better. Clean or dirty, it just has more sounds to it. I do prefer the LP for rock though.

i've been using a PRS custom 22 with my LSS. that works great for my southern rock gig. lately, i've been recording with a standard strat and the LSS clean channel in conjunction with a Keeley compressor. awesome clean tones.

Parker Fly Mojo - single coil + piezo for clean, and humbucker + piezo for overdrive. Both neck and bridge pups work well.

Gives you the range from tele/strat through les paul, plus the piezo thing where the detail really comes out through the amp. With the tone knob turned down the LSS does excellent jazzbox impression too.

Yum.

my strat wins hands down. the others sound variously harsh, muddy, woody or simply too undefined. the strat really sings though and sounds rich and full, with a broad range of harmonics. have to love it!

Back