F50 with hotplate?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grimey

Reaction score
I just have a quick question - can I use a THD hotplate or similar with the F50 combo? By this, i mean, can I plug the speaker out into the hotplate, and then back into the F50s own speaker? Or do I have to use an external speaker cab?
Youll have to forgive me, but im not familar with the workings of external speaker connections etc.. :D
Thanks

As long as the Hotplate is the correct ohm load, then it is perfectly safe to plug the amp into the hotplate, and then the speaker in the combo into the hotplate. The only situations I can think of when this would not be safe is if the hotplate was of the wrong load, or you pluged the amp output into the speaker output of the hotplate and the speaker into the amp input.

Enjoy the tone at sane volume levels!!

Thanks for the reply.

I actually wasnt really wondering about the safety, more if its physically possible to plug back into the combos speaker after taking a signal out of the speaker output.

Anyway, thanks :)

Ah, you mean will the speakers lead by long enough? I have no clue! If not, you can always use a bit of extension. Pick up a 1/4" in 1/4" out jack from any music store and use it to connect another section of speaker cable. I have the same problem using a mini-mass with my blue angel combo.

First, get a short speaker cable.

Put that cable from the speaker output you use, to the Hotplate input.

Plug the speaker into the Hoplate output.

grimey said:
I just have a quick question - can I use a THD hotplate or similar with the F50 combo? By this, i mean, can I plug the speaker out into the hotplate, and then back into the F50s own speaker? Or do I have to use an external speaker cab?
Youll have to forgive me, but im not familar with the workings of external speaker connections etc.. :D
Thanks
Yes, the speaker cable on the combo is long enough to attach to the Hot Plate. I run a Hot Plate with my F-100 2x12 combo and there is plenty of slack in the combo's speaker cable.

Back