F50, GT8, Amp controller

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drdoug

Reaction score
Hi All,

I searched the forum I but could not find this topic.

I have my Boss GT8 hooked up to my F50 using the 4 cable method. My F50 has a 7 pin connection for amp control but the GT8 is 1/4 inch. Can the GT8 control the F50's chanel switch directly somehow or do I need a MIDI interface?

Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks

Doug

drdoug said:
Hi All,

I have my Boss GT8 hooked up to my F50 using the 4 cable method. My F50 has a 7 pin connection for amp control but the GT8 is 1/4 inch. Can the GT8 control the F50's chanel switch directly somehow or do I need a MIDI interface?

Thanks

Doug

yep you would need a midi interface interface, can't use that footswith jack

drdoug said:
Hi All,

Thanks

Doug

the f series uses a 5 pin din jack for the footswitch, but it's still relay controlled, not midi. there's 2 ways to handle this, based on the level of involvement you would want to put forth. The first option is to get an axess cfx4 (axess is out of business currently, but these pop up on the used market occasionally). Then you need the dedicated cable for the F series. It gives you relay control based on midi cc numbers. the RJM mini amp gizmo is probably also a contender- it's a great choice and is currently available, but I can't say off hand if they have a dedicated cable for the f series. you'd want to check their website to see.

OR.... you can find out how the 5pin din on the f series is wired and build yourself a breakout box. it would have 1/4" jacks on it for relay inputs (footswitch, etc....) and a 5 pin din to go to the amp. any rig builder can make it for you in a hammond enclosure probably reasonably inexpensive. it isn't much in parts (maybe $30-$40 in parts) and if the guy knows what he's doing, probably only a few hours' worth of work. psionic audio(lyle caldwell) or kingdom amplifiers (barry) could easily hook this up.

N

Latest posts

Back