F series is discontinued

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the second time I've heard this rumour, but no one seems prepared to back it up in any way.

Frankly, I don't care one way or the other, because if you like the amp you have and maintain it well, it will still be working by the time you're incabable of even picking up a guitar. These amps are bult like tanks. I've heard guys playing through original Mark Is, and they still sound stunning and induce goose-bumps in the right hands.

What's good is that whenever they discontinue a line, it never seems to be due to any inherent problems with them - it's almost always because they have somehow come up with something a little better, a little easier to use or just something with a slightly different twist. I can still remember when the first DCs came out, going down to try a DC-3 (at the time I was using my trusty studio .22) and I was blown away. They got it right - it was basically the same amp, but more user friendly, with everything the studio .22 needed but didn't have.

I'm sure that if the rumours are true, Mr. Smith has something very clever up his sleeve to take the place of the F series. As for me, I have everything I've ever wanted now. I have my DC-3 which still sounds incredible, and my F-50 is for me my dream amp. It sounds incredible, it's a dream to play, and it's very easy to use. I couldn't ask for more.

The one thing I would LOVE to see is a re-issue/replica IIC+. If they did it right, I'm sure they wouldn't be able to make them fast enough. But the one thing (with the exception of the Mark I reissue, which arguably is not an exact replica) that Mesa never does is go backwards. I bet that one day we'll see a Mark V that will incorporate a specifically voiced IIC+ lead channel.

This gives them an excuse to offer a "reissue" F series in the future. :wink:

This is an interesting decision. The series seems to be doing really well (besides the 100), and how are they going to cover that lower pricepoint?

I hope they don't make another miserable failure like the Nomad. Not that it was a terrible amp, it was just not even in the same league as the F-series or any other Boogie.

There's been some discussion of this over at Harmony Central as well - the rumour seems to be coming from reps and retailers.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=180

plumptone said:
There's been some discussion of this over at Harmony Central as well - the rumour seems to be coming from reps and retailers.

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=885856&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=180

Yeah, just like when they "discontinued" the Mark IV.

Winter NAMM is just a few weeks away so I guess we'll find our for sure then. As others have mentioned, they usually replace a discontinued model with a comparable or improved version of what they are discontinuing. I wouldn't be too concerned, we'll all just have to wait and see.....

I wouldn't be surprised if Mesa came out with a Series II 3-channel Dual and Triple Rec sometime in the next few years. I only think that because it seems like the Recto's might be the next in line for an update (i.e. Lone Star cleans, multi watt options, or an additional mode on Channel 1). I am NOT creating a rumor, just speculating from an outsiders point of view. :wink:

Guitarzan said:
Ned and myself will also be in Anaheim next month.

Sweet! Give us the update when you get back. I was at winter NAMM last year and it was killer! I hope to have the chance to go again sometime.

Latest posts

Back