• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S: EVM12L Guitar Speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MusicManJP6 said:
These speakers are usually 200 watts - sometimes 300 watts - but not 150 watts as far as I know.

I think you are right, it's 200w. But I wasn't sure and it doesn't say on the speaker itself, so I kept it conservative. Either way, it's L-O-U-D.....

soundchaser59 said:
MusicManJP6 said:
These speakers are usually 200 watts - sometimes 300 watts - but not 150 watts as far as I know.

I think you are right, it's 200w. But I wasn't sure and it doesn't say on the speaker itself, so I kept it conservative. Either way, it's L-O-U-D.....

For sure. And sounds great!

It does sound great, but it's just too much speaker for me and my uses. I'm really liking the slightly mellower and more tame sounds I'm getting with the Weber speakers, in particular the Michigan........which is, ironically, Weber's rendition of this same EV. But the Michigan is smoother, probably because it is slightly less efficient, and is a much better match with the 5E3 Deluxe I have. The EV is simply brute force and brutally honest, like a Tonker only better. I need the thin coat of gloss the Michigan puts on, and I keep coming back to the Michigan every time, so I'll take the hint......

Now, the EVM15L is another story, way smoother than the 12....... I really really love that 15 inch booger, and I am keeping it for a while. It sounds really sweet with the Mesa amp.

Let me know if the speaker doesn't sell of if you'd be interested in a trade plus cash for a C90 (Black Shadow). I wouldn't mind to try an EV in a Rectoverb combo I am picking up this weekend (in exchange for the Nomad).

Latest posts

Back