F-50

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
I just bought an F-50 1x12 combo and I already have a Mesa 4x12 and 2x12 cab. Is it possible for me to hook up the F-50 using these different methods: 1. the two cabs using the two 4 ohm outputs. 2. The 1x12 and the 4x12 or 2x12 using the two 4 ohm outputs. 3. Just the 4x12 or 2x12 using the single 8 ohm output. 4. (not likely) The 2x12 and 4x12 using the 2 4 ohms, and the 1x12 using the 8 ohm at the same time. Thanks I just want to know what my options are, and what I shouldnt do so I dont blow anything up. Both my cabinets are the closed back rectifier if that changes anything. Also in using these methods, would this be the equivilent of using a head and cab, verses a combo? Thanks again

Jeff

not sure what an impeadence is, but Im guessing that its the ohms. They are all 8 ohm cabs, the 4x12 and the 2x12. Im not sure what the one in the combo is, but its been plugged into the 8 ohm one, so I guess its 8 ohms.

According to the wiring schemes in my Road King Manual, all those combinations you describe will work.

Just don't daisy chain any of the cabinets together. Depending on if they are wired in series or parallel, that will alter the rating.

One cabinet to one jack. or, in your case the internal speaker to it's 8 ohm jack, and a cabinet to one of the 4 ohm jacks.

RB

You are correct in stating that plugging in all 3 speaker cabinets would not be safe.
Because three eight ohm loads in parallel would produce about a 2.7 ohm load.
This would not be good... :(

These are the combinations that would be safe assuming all cabinets are eight ohms:

Eight ohm output:
1. 1X12
2. 2X12
3. 4X12

Four ohm outputs:
1. 1X12 and 2X12
2. 1X12 and 4X12
3. 2X12 and 4X12

Chris... 8)

Thanks alot chris. So if I hook it up to the 4x12, woudl it be the exact same as a f-50 head going to a 4x12 or different?

Back