F-50 volume vs MKIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voodoo_child

Reaction score
Hi,
Im not sure if this should be in the vintage or modern forum, but...

How does the lowest power setting on the MKIV compare to the F-50 in terms of volume? I ask because im familiar with the volume levels it takes to get the F-50 sounding good, but i've never played a MKIV at the lowest setting.

Is it quieter?

The MKIV can be pretty quiet, yeah. It doesn't sound that great when it's really low, but if you are just practicing late at night or whatever, then it's fine. Like always, it will shine when you start crankin' it up.

You can always pull the Master for Silent Recording and go to a mixer and listen via headphones or regulate your volume there or with your power amp.

Realistically, if you cut the Mark IV's power all the way down it sounds pretty good still. I would say that theoretically it is quieter than the F-50 because the wattage is lower once you cut the Mark IV's power down. I haven't played them both side by side but that would be my assumption. It all depends upon the speakers and how many speakers you are using too.

Latest posts

Back