F-50 Questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm new to this board and relatively new to Boogies. I have what I think is a late 80's Mark IV 100wtt short head and a 2x12 half back cab I've been gigging with for a year or so and love it for what I play.
So I'm checking into a new combo and trying out different stuff at my local shop and I tried the F-50 and F-30. The F-50 hits the tones, features and the price point of what I'm needing. Originally I tried the Fender Super Sonic 1x12 and was almost sold until I tried the F-50 (same price) .
I have a few other big purchases I'm in the middle of buying as well as tax time (run my own teaching studio) and am not ready to get it yet but I read around here that the F-50 is being discontinued. First off, is that true? Secondly, if it is being discontinued, why is it still listed on the Boogie products page? I stayed up seriously late researching the F-50 last night and I am sold on that model when the time comes to get it, but I am hoping it will still be available NEW from a shop when I'm ready. Thanks in advance for any responses.

screamndemon69 said:
I'm new to this board and relatively new to Boogies. I have what I think is a late 80's Mark IV 100wtt short head and a 2x12 half back cab I've been gigging with for a year or so and love it for what I play.
So I'm checking into a new combo and trying out different stuff at my local shop and I tried the F-50 and F-30. The F-50 hits the tones, features and the price point of what I'm needing. Originally I tried the Fender Super Sonic 1x12 and was almost sold until I tried the F-50 (same price) .
I have a few other big purchases I'm in the middle of buying as well as tax time (run my own teaching studio) and am not ready to get it yet but I read around here that the F-50 is being discontinued. First off, is that true? Secondly, if it is being discontinued, why is it still listed on the Boogie products page? I stayed up seriously late researching the F-50 last night and I am sold on that model when the time comes to get it, but I am hoping it will still be available NEW from a shop when I'm ready. Thanks in advance for any responses.

it is a great amp, and it is being discontinued for the 5:50

since it is being discontinued, it can be, and is being discounted
my local store, and GC's are discounting it. 20% off is no prob
which means you can get a new one for about 879.00

Probably won't be around long, one GC near me put 4 on the floor
last week, there is one left, and that has a torn speaker grille
it's a lot of amp for that price

cheers

The F-50's are being discounted quite a bit. There's a chance that you may not find one available down the road. The 5:50 Express is it's replacement, as stated above.

I didn't see the F-series listed on the current Mesa Boogie products page.

Brewski said:
The F-50's are being discounted quite a bit. There's a chance that you may not find one available down the road. The 5:50 Express is it's replacement, as stated above.

I didn't see the F-series listed on the current Mesa Boogie products page.

below is the old page...

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/F-Series/F-50/F-50.html

below is the old page...

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/F-Series/F-50/F-50.html

Yep, I see that you can still get to it. I was looking at the product info page, and didn't see the F-series listed as a choice to click on.

http://www.mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/product_info.htm#

thanks for the info guys. i had googled to get my info on the F-50 and was redirected to a Mesa page on reviews (5 Gold Star rating) for it.
there is one at my local dealer still new. is that a common practice to discount dicontinued stuff? i don't want to step on the guys toes at my local store by asking for a discount on a discontinued item since i teach there and need to keep a good relationship. $879 is a great price for that amp! i might be able to get them to let me put it aside and get some kind of extended layaway.
since i do like the F-50 so much, is the 5:50 basically the same amp with extra features for $100 more? i need to make a move on the F-50 unless the 5:50 is just like it (with added features) and in that case i won't be in such a hurry or frenzy (you know how it is when you find something you like and you think it is not going to be there before you can get it) to get the F-50. i'm just very stretched for cash right now to actually buy it outright but if i'm in good shape getting the 5:50 then that takes alot of pressure off to get this F-50 they have.
the store has a few very nice models in stock but i'm afraid to try them (i know i'll then be wanting one of them!) as they push my budget a little further out than i can stretch things. just laying down enough for the F-50 is more than i expected to do this year. i've got a couple very nice axes on the way so my $ is tied up fairly tight right now.

Latest posts

Back