F-50 question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Courtney

Reaction score
Is there a way to make a custom footswitch that will work with the F-50 that will have an FX loop button? Also is there a way to make ext. switching for this amp?? Thanks

Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Check out my posts in this thread over at HCAF for more information on externally switching the F-series. Oh, this post should be useful too.

Regarding a switchable FX loop, there's no reason why you couldn't creat a custom footswitch as the F-series uses conventional latching switches. Be warned that you would likely have to mod the amp to make the footswitch socket react to the additional function (there's a spare pin on the 5-pin DIN that you could use), and you would have to create the footswitch defeat circuitry. Check out this post over at HCAF for more on the footswitch circuitry.

What do you want to do with this switchable loop? Using an approach with a switchable looper (e.g. Voodoo Labs GCX Ground Control) might give you all of the control and flexibility that you seek, and you won't have to risk modding your amp, :)

Big smiles,

Andy.

Thanks alot, Ill check out all of those. Im familiar with the GCX, and Im not sure if I want to go the midi route, but Im thinking aobut it, because I already have a road king, but Im not sure if I want to add the F-50 to my live rig or not...

Jeff Courtney said:
Thanks alot, Ill check out all of those. Im familiar with the GCX, and Im not sure if I want to go the midi route, but Im thinking aobut it, because I already have a road king, but Im not sure if I want to add the F-50 to my live rig or not...

If you're not keen on going down the MIDI route, check out some of the analogue loopers that are out there e.g. http://www.loooper.com/ - put one of these devices in your FX loop to get a footswitchable loop. :cool:

Big smiles,

Andy.

Back