F-50 Effects loop mod ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lactose

Reaction score
Hi.

Anyone have the details on the F-50 effects loop mod ? I am using an EQ in the loop and want to convert the loop from parallel to serial.

Update: I called their customer support and they quickly sent me a diagram on the change to the mix pot wiring, to make the loop serial.

Basically there are three wires that go to the three lugs on the mix pot. For the mod, you

-disconnect the 1st wire on the left (looking down onto the pot with the knob pointing down and the lugs up) and connect it to the middle lug (along with the middle wire that is already connected there)

-disconnect the 3rd wire which is on the right

I haven't tried or confirmed this yet.

Cheers.

lactose said:
Update: I called their customer support and they quickly sent me a diagram on the change to the mix pot wiring, to make the loop serial.

Basically there are three wires that go to the three lugs on the mix pot. For the mod, you

-disconnect the 1st wire on the left (looking down onto the pot with the knob pointing down and the lugs up) and connect it to the middle lug (along with the middle wire that is already connected there)

-disconnect the 3rd wire which is on the right

I haven't tried or confirmed this yet.

Cheers.

Any updates on the mod?

Sorry no update yet. I go back and forth on whether to mod it or not, and whether to mod permantly to serial or make it switchable, which I think would be cool.

I've done it. It works fine. One thing to keep in mind...If you plan to use the return as an input for another preamp, you need to plug a dummy plug into the Send Jack to open the loop.

Latest posts

Back