F-50 combo feedback(the good kind)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikeyp

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been enjoying my new amp for about 2 months now and I still love it. Is it normal for me to get feedback on the dirty channel with the low gain settings I use? The gain is around 10 o'clock and the master is around 9 o'clock. Contour off and all other settings are in the moderate range. I'm using a solid body guitar also. The room we jam in is about the size of a 1 car garage. It will only do it if I let a note or chord ring a little. It sounds pretty cool when it happens and seems pretty controllable but I'm just wondering. Thanks.

i always thought boogies had a pretty pretty nice controllable feedback if done right, they tend to kind of "fade in" in a more musical sense than other gainy amps. my buddies F-50 was doin it last night (though it had more gain going) it sounded just perfect.

I just bought an F-50 and all I can say is. WOW I've played alot of 1-12 combo's before and never has one even come close to this. And I havn't even had a chance to tweak my sound yet. The warm smooth sustain is really sweet, like butter and the sound is really tight. I have played my two strats throught it so far. Can't wait to hear my les paul.

Hey Brian Chan, The cab should sound very full as compared to the amp on it's own. I have an open back Avatar 2x12 that I use with my F-50 and it has a very full sound. The amp has a ton of bass response, so you may have to dial back on base to get your tone. A closed back cab will be more focused and have more base.

It's a pretty versatile amp and should give you a lot of tones. The reverb is the F-50's weak spot.

Man, I really like the reverb
"
Do ya? Maybe it's just me being used to a more "Fenderish" Reverb. I wished that my F-50 had a reverb more like my Blues Jr., and that's considered usable, not great. OK, maybe my ears aren't that great when it comes to 'verb. I agree that the tones are great, though. :)

Back