Extension cab to match this!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lespauljoe1

Reaction score
I just placed an order for a 2 X 12 extension cabinet that will match my ED shown in the photo below. :D

IM002098.jpg

Should look and sound sweet joe !
Of course....we want pics when ya get it :mrgreen:

primal said:
Did it cost more because it was tan?

No, I don't believe anyway. I know my amp was the same price as a black one. One thing I thought was a little unusual is that the cab has Vintage 30's. My 2 X 12 amp has C90's. I generally like to mix speakers, so this will actually be cool. V30's are very warm speakers and should sound great.

lespauljoe1 said:
primal said:
Did it cost more because it was tan?

No, I don't believe anyway. I know my amp was the same price as a black one. One thing I thought was a little unusual is that the cab has Vintage 30's. My 2 X 12 amp has C90's. I generally like to mix speakers, so this will actually be cool. V30's are very warm speakers and should sound great.

I'm jealous.... The mix of speakers adds to the tonal character of the ED like you won't believe.

The tan cover is no extra charge unless the store decides to try and sell it as a "custom" color. My ED is also tan but it's a 1x12. I may add the external cabinet a little later just for the added sonic color of the V30's.

One thing I thought was a little unusual is that the cab has Vintage 30's. My 2 X 12 amp has C90's. I generally like to mix speakers, so this will actually be cool

My 212 has V30's....I wonder what caused the switch in the 212...I know my intial 112 had a C90...maybe I need to get a matching 212 w C90's when I come into a bunch of cash. Or a 112 combo to run stereo. A guy can dream....

Laskyman said:
One thing I thought was a little unusual is that the cab has Vintage 30's. My 2 X 12 amp has C90's. I generally like to mix speakers, so this will actually be cool

My 212 has V30's....I wonder what caused the switch in the 212...I know my intial 112 had a C90...maybe I need to get a matching 212 w C90's when I come into a bunch of cash. Or a 112 combo to run stereo. A guy can dream....

I'm not sure why they switched either. My amp is 8 ohms (2-16 ohm C90's). The 1 X 12 is also 8 ohms (1-8 ohm C90).

I do like the fact that the C90's are made in England. I'm not sure if the V30's are. I'm not sayiny the English made speakers are necessarilly better, but it is a possibility. I have used Eminence speakers in the past and I like them very much. Eminence are still made in the US. Maybe I'm a little anal in this regard, but we all have that right concerning our equipment.

flyboy70 said:
The tan cover is no extra charge unless the store decides to try and sell it as a "custom" color. My ED is also tan but it's a 1x12. I may add the external cabinet a little later just for the added sonic color of the V30's.
Interesting. I called Mesa and asked about that color, and they quoted it as being $180 extra. I should have bought one when I saw an ED in that color on the showroom floor!

David

eaglewolf said:
flyboy70 said:
Interesting. I called Mesa and asked about that color, and they quoted it as being $180 extra. I should have bought one when I saw an ED in that color on the showroom floor!

David

Maybe I was wrong and should have chosen my words more carefully. World Music in Nashville didn't charge extra for the one I bought in tan. :)

flyboy70 said:
eaglewolf said:
flyboy70 said:

David

Maybe I was wrong and should have chosen my words more carefully. World Music in Nashville didn't charge extra for the one I bought in tan. :)

I have a medium (23") head on order....into the 3rd week of waiting.

Tan...no charge.
Pre 1980 "Boogie" badge instead of "Mesa Engineering"...no charge.

[/quote]I have a medium (23") head on order....into the 3rd week of waiting.

Tan...no charge.
Pre 1980 "Boogie" badge instead of "Mesa Engineering"...no charge.[/quote]

Man. Wsh I'd known about the Boogie badge. I would probably have requested that on my extension cab.

It isn't due to arrive until around July 4th, so maybe I still have time.

Latest posts

Back