Express tube chart and schematic?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ficelles

Reaction score
The tube chart for the Express seems a little odd... input is V2 not V1, and the numbering of gain stages doesn't add up unless there's an SS gain stage in the middle, does anyone have a definitive tube chart / block diagram and/or a schematic? Mine is a 5:25.

Tia,

Express
5 50 +
Gain Stage​
Input​
2​
3​
4​
Clean
V2B​
V1B​
V3A​
Crunch
V2A​
V2B​
V1B​
V3A
Blues
V2A​
V2B​
V1A​
V3A
Burn
V2A​
V2B​
V1A​
V3A
Note - this is for a 5 50 - not the 5 25 that the OP asked about - sorry.

Last edited:
I rolled tubes recently and mapped out the signal path for each channel (above).
I compiled a document with a bunch of tube recommendations (posts from various forum threads) and colour coded tables with the signal paths. I don't know if there are DM''s on this forum - but I can happily send it to you if you can get an email address to me safely/securely. Oh - actually I see that you can attach a file in a post - I can try that.

Might be some use to you. It's a collection of posts, diagrams and tables. The last table is just some of the recommendations from valve kit providers that I picked up.

Attachments

• Express 5 50 + Valves.pdf
    178.3 KB · Views: 0
@DrKev has it right for the 5:25, V2 is input, V1 and V3 gain stages, V4 PI, V5 reverb. The first manual I found referred to a 4th gain stage which I guess was a mistake.

Latest posts

Back