Express Plus worth selling a DR Z Maz???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The MKV has some great strengths. A nice variety of models by Mesa of some iconic Mesa tones.

It in no way is a Rectifier.

It is not a crunchy Marshall.

I had a MKV for a year and a half. I tried many things to get a Rectifier chug. I have bought two Rectifiers since then, combo and head.

For a thick recto chug out of some other amp, the Wampler Triple Wreck pedal is gonna be the ticket with the Maz. Just got mine back after letting a friend borrow it for 2 weeks. He posted about it on Rig Talk forum. Same situation wanting a pedal to transform a great clean and blues rock amp into a fire breather. I use it with a Tele into a Maz 38. It sounds amazing.

JB:

Why take the risk again? Keep the Maz, and buy the 5:50 from a retailer that has a 30 day return policy and buy it on a credit card. Give yourself 2 weeks to make the decision then pull the trigger on one of the two. You need the two of them in the same environment to effectively make a comparison...because you really are making a comparison between the two. It may not be a true tonal comparison - because that would be impossible - but a functionality comparison with your pedals and guitars. The only potential downside is if you can't live without either one. Then you're screwed. :lol:

Good luck buddy!

Latest posts

Back