Express 5:50 Clips?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NuSkoolTone said:
Ah I see. Sounds like the Hotplate is taking it the Extra mile. How do you like it? Also two mics vs. 1 57. How are you panning? Panned L/R and doubled? Or Each panned to the same side doubled?
For the two mic'ed clips, the 57 is hard left and the e609 is hard right. For the three direct clips, I used the PODxt Live's SM-57 mic sim and Recto 4x12 model (V30s). Each rhythm part was doubled and panned hard left and right. The leads are 20% left and 20% right for harmonies.

I like the Hot Plate because it is so useful. It's good for deriving a line level signal, running a silent recording system, or simply knocking down the overall level for playing at home. I don't have a non-master volume amp, but if I ever do, the Hot Plate will be right at home. I look at the HP as another tool in my arsenal. Overall, I like to use it down to -12 dB, but no more because I don't like what it does to the tone after that.

Back