Express 5:25

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eyema_believer

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a noob here, and I just got a new amp. I'm not certain if I'm in love with it.
Can some of you tell me of your experiences with this amp? I'm having a hard time getting a decent sound out of it in class A mode. Please tell me how it is with yours!

Here are a couple clips... first takes, so excuse the mistakes... I just wanted to see how it recorded... http://www.box.net/shared/static/jpz2m88w0k.mp3
http://www.box.net/shared/static/27k2en6680.mp3

Peace!

~Shawn

Dunno what to say honestly! If you played all the guitars from the first cut only; you should know how to try out any amps out there and get yourself an opinion! Really nice track imo and if you can't get what you are looking for, bring it back to the store....

Keep it up...
rw

You didn't give it ample testing in the store with your own gear before you bought it? That kind of thing is mandatory IMHO.

Well, track 1 sounds like good ole EL84 chime and gring to me. I think it is great. The second tract sound like you are trying to put a square peg into a round hole. That kind of stuff isn't really what the EL84 amps do best. JMHO.

You all bring up excellent points. It's a great little amp.... just not as versatile as you would think, given it's extensive features.

Does anyone have any cool clips or settings to share??

Peace!

~Shawn

Re: your second track, I usually use my Express in the 25W class A/B mode for that type of crunch sound. I find the bass is a little tighter and the sound is a little drier than the Class A mode.

just my $0.02 ...

It's a great little amp.... just not as versatile as you would think, given it's extensive features.

Actually I think that amp is more of a stripped down machine without all the bells and whistles. I wouldn't expect that amp to give anything other than a great chimey clean and a great grinding classic rock tone. If I were looking for that chunky Boogie sound, I wouldn't be looking at an Express 5:25.

Is it the 10 inch or 12 inch model?

I'd be curious to hear the 2nd track with bass and drums. The tone sounds a bit thin alone, but in a mix it may fit that round hole. :wink:

Maybe the mic placement was farther away on the second track?

Latest posts

Back