Express 5:25 white noise issue

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arty said:
Krek13 said:
that's completely normal for that amp, no worries...
Thanks for the reply but are you being sarcastic in your answer? :? I cant believe a really annoying loud white noise which is present all the time before Ive even plugged a guitar in is normal on a £1000+ amp. Can you elaborate?

yep - check this

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34052&start=15

plus search for the other 50 or so previous threads on noise/hiss issues on the Express series amps.

ALL tube amps have a little background noise - some have lots :mrgreen:

Newysurfer said:
Arty said:
Krek13 said:
that's completely normal for that amp, no worries...
Thanks for the reply but are you being sarcastic in your answer? :? I cant believe a really annoying loud white noise which is present all the time before Ive even plugged a guitar in is normal on a £1000+ amp. Can you elaborate?

yep - check this

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=34052&start=15

plus search for the other 50 or so previous threads on noise/hiss issues on the Express series amps.

ALL tube amps have a little background noise - some have lots :mrgreen:

Yep, I have an express 5:25+ and it hisses as well. Nature of the beast.

Al

is it new? send it back and ask for a replacement...otherwise take it to a tech...it wouldnt be the first amp that catches radio signal :)

ok man, I don't know what a "detuned AM signal" really is cos english is not my native language...but I know that there were a lot of cases of voxes, marshalls etc picking up radio signals so I'm just trying to help...

there's no need for your bad attitude because we all tried to help you here...

btw it's really stupid of you to even open this topic if you own a loud hissing amp that is under a goddamn warranty :roll: even I know that you have the right to get a replacement because you bought it that way, and I'm on the other side of the planet...

Arty said:
Exactly what is bad about my attitude?!! Ive just been asking questions and making conversation about the problem with my amp :( :shock: Maybe you are mistaking my frustration with people who cant be bothered to read my original post properly as "attitude"?

I dont know how old you are but maybe you are too young to remember when AM/FM radios needed to be tuned with a dial, and you 'tuned' the radio to a station with that dial.... the sound Im describing is the fuzzy low frequency white noise like an AM radio that isnt tuned to a station - 'detuned'.

I dont know why people have to get so aggro on these forums and take everything so personally. And exactly what is 'stupid' about posting a question on a forum to get some help until Ive got time to speak to the people in the shop?! ...isnt that what these forums are for? :?

Ive read a few of your posts now and you seem to consistantly piss people off - maybe you should think before you type, or maybe just dont type anything until you grow up a bit. :|

this is attitude, especially after you got a dozen of posts where people are trying to help you:
Arty said:
I just thought I could get some info and wisdom from folks on here beforehand.... obviously I was mistaken.

learn to appreciate other peoples' time...

LoL I know what a radio dial is, which is exactly what I was thinking when I said "it wouldnt be the first amp that catches radio signal :)"...I didnt mean it catches a clear radio signal so you can listen to music on your amp (although that happened too in the past) :roll:

maybe I am younger then you but obviously I got more knowledge than you when it comes to amps and guitars...
or maybe you're just too old so years took their toll :p

and please link me those posts where I piss people off :?:

Arty said:
Dear oh dear, here we go, a typical insult from someone who is all mouth and no trousers. You have know idea who I am or how much experience I have got with guitars and amps but I guarantee you it is a lot more than you are assuming.

Now I dont assume to know any more than anyone else regarding guitars and amps, including you, but if it makes you feel good to say such things then you go ahead and amuse yourself. (Btw, your English and knowledge seem to have drastically improved for someone who 10 mins ago didnt know what a detuned radio was :| )

man, your posts are ad hominem in full, zero facts or arguments which really shows how mature you are and also represents the level of your knowledge...

Anyway, Im not going to get into a pointless childish slanging match with you as Ive got better things to do so...

like taking that amp for a replacement (in case its not the standard express hiss)? :arrow:

ad hominem again...wow...continue please it's really useful, you're winning it :!:

btw I read your original post, but you obviously don't know what you're talking about or have problems with expressing your thoughts so you get misunderstood...

Play with a drummer, in a band, instead of in your bedroom with your ear jammed up against the speaker... noise floor raised, problem solved.

Latest posts

Back