Express 5:25/Weber Blue Dog

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

espresso

Reaction score
Hi,

I've been considering getting a or 2X12 extension cab for my Express 5:25. I like my amp at low to medium volumes but find the highs a tad sharp at higher volumes. I don't mind though as I generally play medium to low for casual jams.

For gigs I'd like something a little different to tame the highs and was considering the Weber P12B AlNiCo Blue. Anyone have any opinions about this setup?

Thanks,
Dan

espresso said:
For gigs I'd like something a little different to tame the highs and was considering the Weber P12B AlNiCo Blue. Anyone have any opinions about this setup?

Get a Weber Blue Dog (ceramic) 30 watts and a Weber Silver Bell (ceramic) 30 watts in that 2x12. I have heard a EL84 loaded amp with that cab with very good results.

EDIT: The Blue Dog (ceramic) 30 watts plus the 1230-55 (ceramic) 30 should also work with good results.

Actually, the best thing to do if you are looking into Weber speakers is this...

Go to the Weber site and send an email detailing your current setup and what sound or tone you are after.

Be as precise as you can (bass, mids and highs... how clean a sound you want... etc.)

Ted Weber himself will reply shortly with some solid recommendations. He knows his stuff.

In my opinion, great customer service. Those speakers are worth every penny.

Get a Weber Blue Dog (ceramic) 30 watts and a Weber Silver Bell (ceramic) 30 watts in that 2x12. I have heard a EL84 loaded amp with that cab with very good results.

EDIT: The Blue Dog (ceramic) 30 watts plus the 1230-55 (ceramic) 30 should also work with good results.[/quote]

About the 30W, the Express 5:25 on the 25W setting will be feeding 12.5 W to each 30W speaker. is this going to keep the highs less harsh at high volume? My question may seem silly but I have very little technical knowledge regarding amps. The main issue I have always had with amps is that I find the treble getting harsh at higher volumes. If I scale back the treble to tame the highs the mids and lows get bland.

dr_iggi said:
Actually, the best thing to do if you are looking into Weber speakers is this...

Go to the Weber site and send an email detailing your current setup and what sound or tone you are after.

Be as precise as you can (bass, mids and highs... how clean a sound you want... etc.)

Ted Weber himself will reply shortly with some solid recommendations. He knows his stuff.

In my opinion, great customer service. Those speakers are worth every penny.

Wow, that is good customer service! I'll do just that. Thanks!

Back