EVM12L Series II?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devilrob1979

Reaction score
I see these pop up on eBay from time to time and was curious as to what the difference i week but now it turns out I didn't need to! :x Oh well, the deal is done and I'm looking to get another one so any info would be appreciated. By the way I'm not talking about the EVM12L Classic, just the EVM12l Series II

As I hear it: Mesa and others say the new reissue 12L Classic is not up to the par of the original. The EVM was first released in about 1983 or 4 (had the big funky heatsink over the magnet) and later followed by the Series II and for a short time the Proline (300 watt version). During this time mesa set a standard for their OEM version some which had no rear label and then the Black Shadow label. Having them around to compare I can't hear any real differences in the EVM, Series II or the Mesa OEM/Black Shadow EV. I have a Proline though which, to my ears, is somehow a bit looser and fuller sounding than the 200 watters. These were produced in the early 90's and I can't find any more of them unfortunatly.

There're a couple of Prolines on eBay right now. I had a label-less OEM EVM12L up until yesterday but had to sell it as I stated. It SUCKS!

Hey DR 79, thanks for the tip. What a great week for EVM's on fleabay. Lot's to choose from (maybe keep the prices down) and several nice Boogie cabs as well. There's an open back 1x12 with an old JBL K-120 in it that looks suspiciously like a hardwood that's been painted black????????? I've never seen any painted Boogie cabs before :?

Restless Rocks said:
Hey DR 79, thanks for the tip. What a great week for EVM's on fleabay. Lot's to choose from (maybe keep the prices down) and several nice Boogie cabs as well. There's an open back 1x12 with an old JBL K-120 in it that looks suspiciously like a hardwood that's been painted black????????? I've never seen any painted Boogie cabs before :?

I was taking care of my daughter when the 4 matching EVM closed. :cry: I need 1 more series 1

I miss it already. I meant to say I had to sell one but it turns out I didn't really need to. Oh well. You're a lucky man Psychodave.

devilrob1979 said:
I miss it already. I meant to say I had to sell one but it turns out I didn't really need to. Oh well. You're a lucky man Psychodave.

Your making me feel guilty :cry: ..really.

Well if you're serious don't feel bad. I'll find another one. It's supposed to get there in 5 days just in case you haven't checked.

Can anyone else comment on any difference between Series I and Series II EVM12L's? 8)

woo... I just looked in the back of my school's Carvin X-100B combo, which is a super old amp. And guess what speaker is in the back?

That's right, an EVM 12-L.
Luckily my music teacher is retarded, so I'm probably going to take the combo home, take out the speaker, and put in a spare celestion seventy-80 i've got.

Then, I'm going to build a Ev-Thiele cab. :D

I'd assume a later iteration, as the originals, to my knowledge, were only 100 watts...

Latest posts

Back