EVH is back!!!!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fbomb

Reaction score
hey all u VH fans check out YOUTUBE for video of EDDIE introducing new guitar and AMP. it sounds pretty good, type in FENDER MUSICAL and it will get u there.

i dont know how to link it, type
in" eddie van halen fender" and it should be the first video. hope it works for you.if that dont work try the EDDIE VAN HALEN FORUM,its eddie van halen .com

fatboy135 said:
geriatric free day open doors???? :lol:

You know what... if you dont have anything good to say then don't say it. You couldnt make a pimple on EVH's ***. Jerk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fatboy135 said:
I say what I want :lol:
VIVA THE GERIATRIC, you could meet with EVH, kirk Hammett, and Santana, great stars of the '80, great grandpa of the xxi century

That would be a great grandpa hu?

Kid:"grandpa, tell me about the time you changed the world with your guitar"

Hahaha their are worse people in the world, and while I still dont care for sig gear, Eddie still has the touch man.

i agree with dennq45 and david w.
LONG LIVE EVH !!!!!!
like i said b4, there are many great guitarists but only 1 EVH

Respect????
ok he was a great guitar player but let me say you something about this guy, there are two great discovers that everybody thinks that evh made and he is still selling us like we were stupids

- The floyd rose bridge
- Tapping

The floyd rose bridge was invented by its name says by a guitarrist called Mr. Floyd Rose, EVH see it and fall in love with that awesome bridge, the matter is that Floyd Rose wasn´t as famous as EVH so for that reason EVH shown in all his concerts that new machine and shout to all the world that this brigde was made by him. ( Visit floyd rose and buzz feiten websites )
Ok what about tapping :lol: EVH fakes yes dudes, a great fake, the tapping tecnique becomes from an anciest instrument called " Stick " that it is played with the tapping tecnique, EVH see it and traslate it into the guitar, well he innovate that is great but he sell us the tapping as he discovers it. Even the first times of evh tapping he doesn´t want to show the public his new tecnique afraid that someone could steal his new achievement.
Also another example with other guitarrist, mr Yngwie Malsteem and his G string exercises, well that g string is a barroque-classical violin method that was imported by yngwie, he never say that he discover that exercises, even he said that he pick up from the neoclassicism
I don´t like people that says that he had discovered something when it is a lie, I don´t respect that kind of people, they are liers.
On the other hand I must to say that EVH was a very great pioneer on lead guitarrist of '80, I´m agree, but ages pass for everybody, and if you abuse of drugs, and wants a second chance to earn money with your legend it is better to get on home and see pamela anderson on baywatch.
EVH for me is nowadays the same case as Maradona in football.
Drugs are so bad kids, don´t consumpt them

fatboy i have to agree with you. EVH to myself isn't as great as everyone says and I wouldn't call it shred metal for the dude above fatboy. EVH is just a person who played guitar differently and lead the pathway for us to play the genre we play and not be outcasts but let me tell you something :x . People like Al Di meola, John Mclaughlin and Paco De Lucia should be the ones praised. They're the ones to bring playing to a whole new level and tapping wasn't invented by EVH nor introduced on guitar by him either. This boring phenomenon was introduced on classical guitar way back when.

that is man, there are a lot of far away better guitarrist than evh, and they are also not as famous as him.
for example i´m atonished with the great marty friedman, I hear him when i was child and now I spent 3 months hearing all his works, he is awesome, one of my favourite dudes for the moment, he is at another dimension, to me is one of the best at the moment, since cacophony to megadeth albums, all his albums are plenty of details, it´s a pity that evh is more famous than marty friend, marty plays guitar with special taste

Anyone know what the specs are for that new EVH amp? Is it another high gain 6L6 loaded amp like the Peavey 5150's were?

hey man, i get what your saying and i didnt' want to start any flame war as well.. all i know is that the 5150 III is just the same as the old original 5150 and i also stated the way he played paved the pathway for us to play the way we do but i still think he and a whole bunch of other players get way to glory for the little things they did. But we all have our opinions and that's cooL! sorry if this has pissed anyone off!

hey nick everything is cool here. keep on rockin.

mike

oh yeah, the new amp isnt just a 5150 made by Fender it is improved.i will be a 3 channel and who knows what else ,because it is still in proto type

ok fbomb, so speak about the amp
on my point of view evh isn´t a good guitarrist for me for example check scott henderson and figure what I mean
ok the amp... the 5150 is a great BULLSHIT on my early ages when I studied my electronics engieneer I work at home repairing amps. So I want to give a thanks to the 5150 because it pays all my university, I think that I maybe repair about 20 5150 amps, they have a very common issue that the big cement resistors that feeds the powertubes, burns and cut the power supply to them, so I have seen so many players playing with 3 tubes even 2 instead of the 4 tubes and sounded so bad, you could easily check if your amp is bad in this path just seeing if you take out the standby powertubes will be blue glow
so my opinion about evh is only subjetive, my opinion of the 5150 is totally cientific objetive because I could prove that this fucking amps do that fucking resistor burn. I know that peavey knows it but they didn´t publicate it on his website that info because everybody will want to burn theirs factory.
in my point of view even the bandit is a better amp that the 5150, peavey is not a bad brand, they have very qualities equipment, but the 5150 is a great bullshit

Wow... folks I was at that show. Eddie was drunk. I've heard him play much better. This is not a true representation of the man's ability, yet I will say he looks better than he did a couple of years ago.

Eddie was drunk

I have a lot of friends that follows all his life and acts since long years ago, they said to me that he had worst problems with drugs and alcohol than mustaine and hetfield together
Drugs gets you into the spiral that finished with you in a great hole. As fast as he can exit from that spiral the better he will life. Sad but true

It's no secret about Eddie's demons at the moment. Even Paul Gilbert wrote a song for Eddie and in his liner notes he wrote, " My biggest hero is named Edward. In his music I have seen visions of freedom, virtuosity and unspeakable joy that remain unmatched. I hope he can find his way to a place free of all pollution and once again show us the beauty of his music and soul".

Latest posts

Back