Ever Bang Amp Cabs and Listen?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol4t

Reaction score
In the shop I frequent, one of the guys commented on the sound of amp cabs when tapped. There was a Twin and the Express I bought side by side and I couldn't believe the difference. Maybe that accounts for people swearing those expensive wood cabs sound better?
Can some of you experience players (that still have most of their hearing) actually hear cab differences when playing?

rabies said:
I can hear differences b/n a closed back and half-open back cab. And my ears ring 24/7. Never tapped on them while playing, that's weird.

How bout throwing an empty 40oz malt liquor bottle at your cab after striking a D5 inverted power chord? That's badass.
Not while playing, just sort of thumping the side in a quiet, non-electric moment. The Twin in this case sounded like a thud and the Mesa had a solid ping sound.
40oz malt liquor? No thanks, I'm more a Patron thrower, shot glasses are lighter! :mrgreen:

BTW- In reading the title of this thread objectively, I'm glad I didn't post it in the HC forum. :oops:

Latest posts

Back