EV sticker question.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think there are any differences in specs between the two. It was probably a Mesa product marketing thing, where the Mesa-labelled speaker looks nicer in the cabinet than the bland "oem". I kinda like the "oem" myself; it adds that punk "underground" look fitting for Blueracer's resurrected C+ !

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=17415

The difference is that the sticker-ed ones sell for more on eBay. :D

Boogie Woogie Man said:
My blue stripe Mk lll has an EV with no sticker on the back but my friend's one has it with the Black Shadow EV sticker. No problem and it doesn't bother me but I was wondering why that would be ?

Actually the non-stickered ones seem to do equally well if not better. They're the originals from the early eighties and an OEM with the original cone can fetch a pretty penny on the 'bay.

I have 2 of the last EVM12L's that Boogie had, new in the box, the decals came with them & weren't attached. The new speakers w/o the decals look identical to an old non labeled EVM12L that I have in another older Boogie cabinet. Try asking Mesa Boogie for a decal. :wink:

mrmax said:
I have 2 of the last EVM12L's that Boogie had, new in the box, the decals came with them & weren't attached. The new speakers w/o the decals look identical to an old non labeled EVM12L that I have in another older Boogie cabinet. Try asking Mesa Boogie for a decal. :wink:
Is there an email address for Mesa Boogie ?

I think if the speaker came in a combo it would have the sticker and if it came in a cabinet it would not.

Hi !
I have four EV´s. One unlabeled from a 1982 MK2B, And three labeled ones. One from a Blue stripe Mk3, and two from late Eighties open-back Cabs.

By the way... I´ve seen an all black one too, in a Musicman amp. The owner belives it to be original.

Stian

Boogie Woogie Man said:
mrmax said:
Call them 707 7786565

mrmax said:
Boogie Woogie Man said:
mrmax said:
Call them 707 7786565

Thanks, I will if I can figure out the time difference from Scotland, that's why I thought it would be easier to just email them.

Boogie Woogie Man said:
mrmax said:
Boogie Woogie Man said:
Call them 707 7786565

Thanks, I will if I can figure out the time difference from Scotland, that's why I thought it would be easier to just email them.

It should be 8 hours earlier in Petaluma, California, USA. Call them after 6pm, Scotland time. They are usually nice except when you ask about getting an amp modded. Never had any luck getting them to talk to me about that type of service. I am sure if they have old labels around they will sell them, if they can find them.

Latest posts

Back