Eurotubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
Im gonna be retubing my dual rec either this month or next,I was wanting to go to Eurotubes for them and buy a full high gain for dual rec kit.....are these any good,has anybody bought this setup or any tubes through eurotubes before,did have a look at dougs tubes but prefered to go for an entire kit
If I buy from any of these vendors I will have to get them shipped to scotland,do these guys pack thetubes well

Euan

I have done business with both eurotubes and dougs tubes. They both in my opinion offer outstanding service. They both know how to pack tubes correctly for shipping,,but keep in mind there are a lot hands those tubes go through before they reach you. Imagine seeing some knucklehead throwing your box of new tubes in the back of his truck. Anyways I have never had a bad tube show-up at my door. Anyways I would suggest calling either of these guys directly,,,they seem to love what they are doing and like to talk tubes.. They know their stuff and they will set you up right. Obviously you have visited eurotubes sight so you know that they only deal with jj's and they have a full retube kit for just about any amp out there. Nice thing about dougs tubes is they offer a wide variety of tubes including the same jj's... I found the prices are very comparable including shipping costs. In my opinion you cant go wrong with either. good luck

I'm just wondering what you guys are doing when using non-Mesa tubes.

Don't you have to make sure the amp is biased properly to use them?

does using different brands really mean setting your bias again even if you have a bias switch on the amp,surely a 6l6 draws the same amount whether its mesa jj or sovtek,do you have to re bias...i didnt think you had to with a mesa

no there is no rebiasing necessary. All tubes are a bit different,,,thats why you need to purchase a matched pair or quad, and so on. I spoke to one of the above mentioned tube dealers about how their tubes are trust worthy in mesa amps. I was also concerned. He said mesa tubes when you order them, you will notice they come in different color coded matched sets.. When you order them online you have no idea what color will show up at the door. Therefore any of the color coded 6l6's for example from mesa will work just fine in your amp. There is a tolerence as you see. He said that he has tested so many mesa tubes that he knows what the tolerence is, plate current???? current draw???? I dont remember exactly what he said he tested to match up to mesa specs. So any tubes you buy from any manufacture will have the correct specs for your mesa. What dougs and eurotubes do is find them and match them up to mesa specs. I own a rectoverb and I use jj 6l6's from eurotubes and I ordered a pair of SED el34's from dougs tubes just to mess around with. I also use the mesa tubes.. No need for any re-biasing... I switch them around once in a while just for something different. Just remember always to switch the bias selector on the back.. I have never had problems with any of the tubes and they all sound nice.
As for the warranty, what mesa doesnt know wont hurt you. If you must send your amp in for anything make sure youve got mesa's tubes in it. Good luck all

ahh cheers for that,I thought that was the case and was pretty safe in that knowledge but then one of the posts got me thinkin I was under the wrong impression,I will buy one of Eurotubes kits(high gain for dual rec),surely all these kits are matched,I have emailed Eurotubes and Im just waiting on a reply for shipping costs etc,I do really like the mesa tubes but over here mesa tubes cost sooooo much compared to any other tube,I thought it was best goin through a known well respected tube dealer who really knows there stuff and any questions can be asked safe in the knowledge that the information will definatly be correct,Thanks alot

Euan

I just purchased 4 Harma 6L6 valves from Watford Valves, I spoke to a guy called Derek who said that as Mesa run their amps pretty cold most valves should be okay. He recommend that I try the Harma ones as they distort a little quicker than most, they arrived this morning each wrapped in a solid plastic box with no damage whatsoever. I ordered them late last Friday afternoon and they arrived early this morning, all in all it cost me £76 for the four valves and delivery. I can't wait to try them out.

Check out watfordvalves.com and see what you think. They have a million different valves for sale, there is something for everyone!

hey mesanomad100,,, do yourself a favor and contact them by phone. I think it will totally set your mind at ease. They may even give you some ideas. I enjoyed speaking to both eurotubes and dougs tubes.

recto-robbie said:
no there is no rebiasing necessary. All tubes are a bit different,,,thats why you need to purchase a matched pair or quad, and so on. I spoke to one of the above mentioned tube dealers about how their tubes are trust worthy in mesa amps. I was also concerned. He said mesa tubes when you order them, you will notice they come in different color coded matched sets.. When you order them online you have no idea what color will show up at the door. Therefore any of the color coded 6l6's for example from mesa will work just fine in your amp. There is a tolerence as you see. He said that he has tested so many mesa tubes that he knows what the tolerence is, plate current???? current draw???? I dont remember exactly what he said he tested to match up to mesa specs. So any tubes you buy from any manufacture will have the correct specs for your mesa. What dougs and eurotubes do is find them and match them up to mesa specs. I own a rectoverb and I use jj 6l6's from eurotubes and I ordered a pair of SED el34's from dougs tubes just to mess around with. I also use the mesa tubes.. No need for any re-biasing... I switch them around once in a while just for something different. Just remember always to switch the bias selector on the back.. I have never had problems with any of the tubes and they all sound nice.
As for the warranty, what mesa doesnt know wont hurt you. If you must send your amp in for anything make sure youve got mesa's tubes in it. Good luck all

awesome.

can you hook me up w/ links for eurotubes & doug's please?!?

thanks.

Latest posts

Back