European Fellas could help me out????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vigo1999

Reaction score
So my father is going to his bi-annual trip to Europe . . . wondering if you guys can tell me about some cool stores/websites there and what amps are worth to purchase there (thinking about ENGLs, Marshalls, Diesels, Voxes etc or anything thats worth to buy there than in the USA).

any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance 8) :D

Prices are different in various countries, so it all depends on the countries he plans on visiting.
To give you an idea of distributor prices in Belgium, Holland and Luxemburg for Marshall, Vox and Boogie: Voerman. Check the menu on the left , click on the different brands and then click on the item with the dutch word 'prijslijst'. It wil open the pricelists as a pdf file.
Brunetti prices can be found here: m2m but you have to add 21% sales tax to those figures.
Also make sure you really want to buy a 220-240 volt amp.

Pinweaver said:
Prices are different in various countries, so it all depends on the countries he plans on visiting.
To give you an idea of distributor prices in Belgium, Holland and Luxemburg for Marshall, Vox and Boogie: Voerman. Check the menu on the left , click on the different brands and then click on the item with the dutch word 'prijslijst'. It wil open the pricelists as a pdf file.
Brunetti prices can be found here: m2m but you have to add 21% sales tax to those figures.
Also make sure you really want to buy a 220-240 volt amp.

Thanks a lot Pin!!

but yes, the prices really vary there from country to country . . . :( and in some of 'em the prices are even higher than here in Brazil!!!

i think the European amp will be postponed . . . for those prices i'll take a look at the new Vox Cooltron pedals . . . :? :)

this time he's planning to go to Portugal, Spain, France and maybe Italy.

did you guys ever bought something at tomann.de??? i've found some cool things, but also pricey . . . ive also found that one here http://www.skymusic.co.yu/pretraga/search.html?q=vox&p=2
that has good prices for Vox pedals (99EUR!!), but i really dont understand serbian that much!!! :lol:

thelordofcheesecake said:
Cornford. Get to the UK and grab a Cornford.

i was really wanting a real British amp, but purchase anything from the Island is out of question, you guys worth your money by the pound! :wink:

if the prices in Euros are already high, imagine on sterling pounds . . . :(

www.thomann.de
www.musik-produktiv.de
www.musicstore.de
www.beyers-musik.de

Voerman is overpriced.

German webshops. Very cheap! Especially ENGL(get the new invader, way better than the powerball etc).

All those shops are very reliable.

8)

man, that musicstore.com is awesome! i really like the special options they have . . . not being a UE citizen or actually living there, i dont pay the VAT, they have special prices for worldwide customers. eg, a ENGL Thunder head cost only 584EUR to me :p

im checking if they can ship to the Hotel that my father will stay. that will be just great!!!

vigo, sorry for being an ignorant, but do you have 110V or 230V electricity in Brazil?

Mrmot said:
vigo, sorry for being an ignorant, but do you have 110V or 230V electricity in Brazil?

It is 110v or 220v (both at 60Hz), depending on which part of Brazil. I was also told that 240v is applied in certain areas, though as an exception.

IIRC, Rio and Sao Paulo are not 220v.

Mrmot said:

Just cool my Croatian brother :D (and how's that .22 of yours?? cranking her up??)

we dont have to know it all, you know 8)

gonna answer you that, but the good friend Boogieman already have answered you just fine!!

and yes, Rio and SP are 117V ( the cities itself, cause the states has some cities that are 220V).

Boogieman said:
Mrmot said:

It is 110v or 220v (both at 60Hz), depending on which part of Brazil. I was also told that 240v is applied in certain areas, though as an exception.

IIRC, Rio and Sao Paulo are not 220v.

absolutely right Boogieman!!! 8)

Vigo1999 said:
8)

man, that musicstore.com is awesome! i really like the special options they have . . . not being a UE citizen or actually living there, i dont pay the VAT, they have special prices for worldwide customers. eg, a ENGL Thunder head cost only 584EUR to me :p

im checking if they can ship to the Hotel that my father will stay. that will be just great!!!

No matter what way you do it, you will pay tax of some form. They will not let you walk out of the store without charging you german VAT, otherwise everybody would pretend to be a tourist.

Most likely they will give you the opportunity to claim the tax back after you leave the country, but this will require declaring the amp when you return to Brazil, and so you will pay the Brazillian goods tax.

Why not buy a used one with a used case from a private party and not pay tax nor have to declare it?

Russ said:
Why not buy a used one with a used case from a private party and not pay tax nor have to declare it?

just like we did on the Recto 1x12' cab deal?? :wink: :wink: 8)

yeah, but i was just thinking to get some good prices with my father trip to Europe, but with the figures that im seeing it will be hard . . . it's way easier to do what you told before, no less . . . :)

speaking of that . . . do you have a 2x12 Recto cab to deal?? :D

tkcr Russ,

G.

Back