Erratic EQ on the footswitch: I think I've found something!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedrik Menard

Reaction score
Hey guys! I thout I'd share this . . .

It seems that a couple of guys around here are experiencing bad contact at the footswitch cable input on the amp. Symtoms are usually the EQ turning off if the plug is slightly moved/pressed down due to the cable's wheight.

I tracked down the problem! If you take a look at the jack itself, you'll see a little metal tab on the bottom of the contact area. It's there to make contact with the outer barell of the plug and it's the connection for the EQ button. Simply pry it up gently with a mini screwdriver so it can make good contact (dont go crazy just bend it up slightly!).

Did it to my MKV and now the connection is ultra stable!

Cedrik Menard said:

It seems that a couple of guys around here are experiencing bad contact at the footswitch cable input on the amp. Symtoms are usually the EQ turning off if the plug is slightly moved/pressed down due to the cable's wheight.

I tracked down the problem! If you take a look at the jack itself, you'll see a little metal tab on the bottom of the contact area. It's there to make contact with the outer barell of the plug and it's the connection for the EQ button. Simply pry it up gently with a mini screwdriver so it can make good contact (dont go crazy just bend it up slightly!).

thanks for the tip!!!!! i had the same problem 6 months ago, in my case i called mesa and they send me a new cable which solved the problem....

i still have the old cable so i 'll try to do your suggestion and hopefully i'll have a spare working cable..

Cedrik Menard said:

murrrrrr! GOOD CALL...

I bet ill get home now and My amp will pull some shnazz like that!!! :lol:

Excellent! I just had that happen last week so you saved me a trip to the store. I couldn't get the amp out of the chasis. Is there a trick to it?
I thought it would be the same as the Fender type amp.

Latest posts

Back