EQ pedal + rectifier...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turmoil

Reaction score
i'm thinking about getting a decent EQ pedal for my triple rectifier but i'm curious if anyone on here uses one with a rectifier and if so how do you like it?

right now i would be considering either the Boss GE-7 or the MXR 10 band EQ. opinions on either of these units? any other EQ pedals that i should consider??
thanks guys!!

As I loath Boss pedals I could never recommend one in good concious, especially not when you've spent that much money on the amp in the first place. I've found most of them do thing's to my sound I just don't want, but just to be clear I can't specifically comment on the GE-7 as I haven't tried one.

I do own the MXR 10 band, combined with my Roadster it's a godsend.

The Maxon GE601 is worth looking at too. Less features, and a higher price but to my ears it sounds just a little bit better.

Other than that I honestly can't think of anything else worth looking at.

go to harmony central and read the user reviews..

you'll find mixed statements. a lot of these units do what you want, but they introduce a lot of extra noise and hiss because they are made with cheap materials, despite costing $100.

I'm a BOSS pedal user, the older 80's analog ones, are much nicer than the later/recent ones. But I do agree with Talus that BOSS eq leaves alot to be desired and is especially noisey.
The best EQ pedal I've ever owned was a.....get ready, late 80's DOD 7-band, I know...what DOD, it's the truth. Nice and warm, quiet but would boost or cut frequencies like no other.

Hope it helps \m/

If you have a good EQ with, say a 15db boost potential for every frequency and an overall boost potential of 15db, does that work as well or better than a boost or overdrive pedal?

Leastways with a high gain amp such as the Recto, Roadster and Road King?

Has anyone used both an EQ pedal and a boost pedal separately and can comment on this?

Back