EQ in the loop summed?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HSL

Reaction score
I'm running an FX board and a parametric EQ in the loop of the dual rec (3-channel). Just got all of this set up and I'm a little confused. Since this is a parallel FX loop, does that mean the regular signal and the return signal are combined? Because an EQ is more like an insert effect and I'd rather not have un-EQ'd and EQ'd signals blended in the end. I believe that even if you have the Mix knob on the back set to 100%, it combined them. Is that right?

Yes, the dry signal is added to the wet signal. However at 100% mix, very little dry signal is added. It's about 98% wet due to circuit and tube limitations. Should be OK.

One thing to note is that the output impedance of whatever box drives into FX return needs to be low. If it is more than 200 Ohms, the 100% wet can be less than 100% wet. If the output impedance is about 22k Ohms, then 100% wet is only 50% wet.

NOTE: You can make the loop series by removing the wire between the MIX pot and the FX SEND jack. You can turn the MIX control into a master volume by disconnecting the same wire from the TIP of the FX SEND jack and soldering it to the SLEEVE of the FX SEND control, or any circuit ground.

If I understand correctly, when I set the loop thing on the back to Footswitch, I can turn the loop on and off via the FX button on my footswitch. Is the loop completely bypassed when the FX switch on the footswitch isn't engaged? Because with the FX switch not lighting up on my footswitch, I get a change in volume when I'm fooling with the mix and send level knobs on the back of the amp.

Back