EQ for Roadking

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

konstantine3

Reaction score
<My tone seems wayyyy too brite
I play gibsons, use monster cables, all my pedals are tru bypass (cept Boss TU 2 and Digitech Whammy) I have a replex looped into the RK but have any of you had to use eq with your MESA's?

If so where would I input an EQ pedal (MXR M 108 - Boss EQ 7 - ???) What pedal EQ's should I look into?

I have the mids turned off, the treble at noon and the presence is relative to my ears at the time

Konfused as usual

Kon

I hate pedals,you have a road king and want to put a crap cheap pedal in your tone ?
Anyway I use between my triaxis and g-major +2.90 an ALESIS graphic equalizer (serie,not in the loop) wich is midi and programable.Awsome equipment :wink:

well my tone is wayyy brite
Ive done everything I can do, Gain, Master mid trebl and presence have all been adjusted.

I dont own any rack mounted effects

Im goin back dwnstairs and see again if I can get what I need

try swapping out different speakers,this could be your problem but If your set on an EQ I would say an MXR one is way better than the Boss

I dont If I can help....

Is it still brite with just the guitar pluged in? (No pedals used)

I have heard good things about the MXR 10 band EQ, and alesis rack EQs. You can put the EQ in the loops, or in front of the amp. If its still brite with just the guitar put the EQ infront to take some highs from the guitar.

actually it was the slaved Rivera that made the RK brite. So a while ago I took the riv off and my big deep sound is back and no eq needed.

Latest posts

Back