ENGL vs Rectifiers

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had several rectos (two channel Dual, three channel Dual, and my Roadster) and also had a Savage 120. The ENGL hands down tracks in a studio better than any amp I've ever played or owned. However, live it didn't work at all. So after selling off all of my Mesa gear to buy the Savage...I ended up coming back to Mesa. Like everyone has said, if you run an OD in front of a Recto you'll get all of the tightness of the ENGL but have a lot more soul.

So, if you're a gigging musician I would definitely go with a Mesa. If you're not in a band and just play at home and record...hands down buy the ENGL.

Nitrobattery said:
I've had several rectos (two channel Dual, three channel Dual, and my Roadster) and also had a Savage 120. The ENGL hands down tracks in a studio better than any amp I've ever played or owned. However, live it didn't work at all. So after selling off all of my Mesa gear to buy the Savage...I ended up coming back to Mesa. Like everyone has said, if you run an OD in front of a Recto you'll get all of the tightness of the ENGL but have a lot more soul.

So, if you're a gigging musician I would definitely go with a Mesa. If you're not in a band and just play at home and record...hands down buy the ENGL.

ENGL- THE MOST BRUTAL BEDROOM AMP EVER!!!! :lol:

Nitrobattery said:

Looks like Nitrobattery is back. We're the Roadster brothers... :lol:

lailer75 said:
Nitrobattery said:

ENGL- THE MOST BRUTAL BEDROOM AMP EVER!!!! :lol:

I know, I made myself laugh when I typed it. The 120watt beast sounds incredible at low volumes, and incredible cranked....but cranked with other instruments in a band situation...it doesn't cut through.

Looks like Nitrobattery is back. We're the Roadster brothers...

I absolutely love that amp. The Roadster with a nice overdrive just sounds incredible. I'll never sell that amp.

They all come back eventually...

KH Guitar Freak said:
Nitrobattery said:

Looks like Nitrobattery is back. We're the Roadster brothers... :lol:

Back