Eminence Speakers with a Mark?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibanez4life SZ!

Reaction score
Hey guys!

Anyone running eminence speakers with their Mark series amp? I'm running a Mark IV, and I'm about done with the V30s in my traditional 4x12...I want to try something new.

I've been doing A LOT of research. The Governor and Wizard seem to be a popular choice, both said to pair well with the Texas Heats.

Let's see if you guys have anything to say about the Emi's with a Mark IV.

And ofcourse, a Merry Christmas, happy holidays, and happy new years to everyone on the boogie board!

The governor is like a very efficient and less compressed sounding V30. This is a good thing. I also have the wizard and compared to the governor, it has a bigger low end that still stays tight ,is a little brighter and has slightly less apparent midrange. So to me , the wizard sounds just a little more scooped than the Governor but not much.

For the last nine months I've been using a 15" Eminence Commonwealth in a Lopo sealed back front loaded 1-15" cab. Since I started using this speaker the two EVM Thiele's have been relegated to use as stereo efx only speakers in my W/D/W setup with the Eminence as the center (dry) main speaker. I like it a lot more then the Thiele's. I realize the Thiele's have reached a somewhat legendary status on this forum, but believe me in a real side by side comparison the Commonwealth was an easy choice over the EVM's. I even considered getting a second one but decided against it because this one all by itself moves enough air to fill any space I'm going to play. Better top end better bottom and all around better sound. And the cab fits perfectly under my Mark IV short head, they look like they were made for each other with matching grill cloth and black corner protectors.

I really liked my old 2x12 cabinet with two Black Shadow Vintage 50 W speakers. Does anybody know which type of eminence speaker that is? It said Eminence on the side, but not which type.

That speaker had more punch and was more open than the V30, It also had more and tighter bottom end.

the governers will break up faster than the wizards and texas heats. not really a speaker for a loud clean tone. if you like the g12H-30 sound you might like the wizard. the tonespotter is a speaker you might want to look into as well. i've got a private jack but i think i might get rid of it in favor of a weber blue dog. eminence makes good stuff for that price point, not the best speakers but you'd have to pay a bit more for a step up.

Latest posts

Back