Eminence Speakers and a Roadster...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricTurkey4369

Reaction score
Anyone try these speakers with your roadster or even your rectifiers? How did it sound? I heard eminence have more high end the other speakers. But im thinking that might be a good thing with the roadster since its darker sounding.

I have always wanted to try the Lynch Super V's, as they are supposed to be modeled after the old Fane speakers in Hiwatt cabs.

I'm using Eminence Cannabis Rex in my Port City cab with my Single recto, and I am liking them more and more, I think they are really smooth sounding.

frets70 said:
I'm using Eminence Cannabis Rex in my Port City cab with my Single recto, and I am liking them more and more, I think they are really smooth sounding.

Thats ironic. I'm buying a port city and thought about those speakers. A guy on youtube did a demo with a port city 2x12 with those speakers, they sound really good.
What style of music do you play? Would cannabis Rex's do Opeth style metal?

I run 4x12 Texas Heat & 2x12 Swamp Thang (ported)

i have a Roadster. And it sounds amazing ! A buddy has a 1960 Marshall cab.
We hooked it up for S**ts & giggles. Yuck,yuck,yuck !!
If you're metal head ? You can't go wrong w/ Eminence.

Im running a Black Shadow/ Swamp Thang split in my Lonestar 4/12. With my Dual Rectifier head...and I love it. The Eminence Swamp Thangs are a bit darker but not muddy. Just really thick sounding. They are built like a tank.

I've been running Eminence Delta Pro 12A's in my Recto 4X12 for 10 months now and love them. They are a very punchy speaker with a smoother top end then athe V30's. Sounds great with my Roadster at band volume, not so great at lower volumes as they tend to "darken" up. At band/practice levels I prefer them over the V30's.

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45554

Dom

domct203 said:
I've been running Eminence Delta Pro 12A's in my Recto 4X12 for 10 months now and love them. They are a very punchy speaker with a smoother top end then athe V30's. Sounds great with my Roadster at band volume, not so great at lower volumes as they tend to "darken" up. At band/practice levels I prefer them over the V30's.

http://www.forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=45554

Dom
Is it true they are close to an EVM12L?

Ive concidered trying the 12As as they are alot cheaper thn the EVs. But IME Emi's celestion comparisons are BS. The wizard, the Gov, the Manowar, none of them sound like the celestions thay are copmared to, to me. not that this is a bad thing. I personally will never buy another celestion speaker again as long as i live.

Its just easy to reference speakers to celestions.

I had a Carvin 4x12 cab some years back loaded with Eminence speakers ( I forget the model speakers), but..man, those things were god awful sounding with the Rectifier (first series Single). Bright,scratchy, nasally..all of the above. That and the fact I could never get the 'fizz' out of the Rec just had me frustrated for a loonnng time. Man, I don't wish that tone on my worst enemy!!

~Nep~

Latest posts

Back