Elpelotero!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

qball

Reaction score
Hey! I´m quite new to the forum but I´ve been browsing for a while and I saw in your sig in another thread that you have 3 dual recs. I was wondering which of theese you like the best and why? Sorry if I´m coming of like a nosy brainpicking newbie but I recently bought a dual rec´96 and I´m very happy with it..I´ve also been catching up on the debate on duals vs. triples...old recs. vs. newer ones..you seem to know your stuff about these amps..what´s your opinion on this?

best regards Mike

I'm quite flattered honestly...I don't feel I know as much compared to other members on this board though. **cough Boogiebabies cough**. Anyways, I have a lot to say on those subjects and I don't want to write a full length novel on here for everyone to read b/c I'm pretty opinionated on those subjects sometimes and I might upset some of the nice people on this board that have helped me out before.

Also, most of those subjects have been dragged on endlessly across many message boards besides this one, so I prefer not to ignite it again. If you can, for starters, check out a thread posted about a week ago by fireonhigh. It should be on this first page if you scroll down a little. There's some good links in there. When you get a chance, check your message box as well for some stuff. thanks!

as far as dual vs. triple, that one's easy... Triple is the same thing plus another 50 watts. You get more overall volume and more headroom on the clean channel and gain channels. It will take longer for you to get a saturated tube tone on either channel (this is good for clean though!). Also, you can not remove tubes to reduce wattage, as the dual is capable of doing.

I'm quite flattered honestly...I don't feel I know as much compared to other members on this board though. **cough Boogiebabies cough**. Anyways, I have a lot to say on those subjects and I don't want to write a full length novel on here for everyone to read b/c I'm pretty opinionated on those subjects sometimes and I might upset some of the nice people on this board that have helped me out before.

Also, most of those subjects have been dragged on endlessly across many message boards besides this one, so I prefer not to ignite it again. If you can, for starters, check out a thread posted about a week ago by fireonhigh. It should be on this first page if you scroll down a little. There's some good links in there. When you get a chance, check your message box as well for some stuff. thanks for understanding!

as far as dual vs. triple, that one's easy... Triple is the same thing plus another 50 watts. You get more overall volume and more headroom on the clean channel and gain channels. It will take longer for you to get a saturated tube tone on either channel (this is good for clean though!). Also, you can not remove tubes to reduce wattage, as the dual is capable of doing.

Back