Elevating your 1x12 combo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvschulz

Reaction score
Okay ... I got my tone (sort of) and I am happy with the amp. But, I want to get it off the floor. The spare dining room chair is fine for my practice area in my home, but what about outside the home. :roll:

I go over to the GC once in a blue moon and it is a long way away. Local music place (sells Mesa) has Dream Theatre playing at 100db all the time so I don't browse around. One of my buddies suggested a wooden crate.

I want either a dedicated amp stand or ... a 1x12 cab that is compatable with my .50 cal + ... :lol:

Someone in this predicament please tell me what they did - recommend me one or the other and how much you paid - while money is not that important ... if i had infinite cash i might be playing 10 Boogies instead of one. Thanks in advance.

Roger

I have my DC-5 on a Boogie 3/4 back 1X12. That really fills out the sound nicely plus gets the combo off the floor.

:D My Thiele shoud arrive today. I'll let you know what I think of it in the morning. :D

I used to use the 3/4 1x12 cabinet with a C-90 in it. It was the best compact cab that I've owned to date.

The amp stands like Boogiebabies showed you are great! I found one thing though since I've started using the combo more lately myself: when I take it up off the floor it seems to sound smaller. Ya know like those little combo bass amps that just have to be on the floor or they don't get it. I experimented alot and yup! when its sitting flat on the floor the tone is much bigger sounding. So to get it up off the floor I go along with the other guys the 1x12 extension cab is the only way to go. The thiel just rocks. I have one of those On Stage stands and it is made well for the 40 smackers and at those wedding gigs when you just want to run for the door when it's over; they are perfect.

There is a company that has a combo stand that redirects the sound from the back out the front. I don't remember the manufacturer right now but have it in a magazine at home (presently at work).

The stand I metioned above is called Enhancer. I have never tried it and only have seen it in a magazine. Here is the link: http://www.soundenhancer.com/

I've had problems with the RS7000 style stands. The problem tends to be when you set up in front of a drummer, you can take his head off with the sound comming out of the back of the combo.

That's why I use the Ultimate Suppport stand: http://www.zzounds.com/item--ULTAMP150

This keeps the back of the combo out of the drummers face.

Chris... 8)

Taking the head off your drummer might be a good thing for some. :lol:

Back