Electra Dyne Vs Stiletto

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skunizzi

Reaction score
Guys,

Just heard the Electra Dyne recently and I was simply blown away by the amp. I currently own a Stiletto and I'm wondering if it is time to switch over to an ED? I love the simplicity of the amp as well as the fact that it has a great sounding clean and a fine overdriven tone not to mention that it has a reverb on it as well. Just thinking maybe I would be making a mistake?

Anyone care to talk me out of it?

I tried ED in a store and GAS'd heavily for it. I even a/b'd it against a Stiletto and thought it was better. So I bought one to replace my Stiletto and ended up regretting it. I could get some great tone out of the ED, but was too limited in a live situation. There was something about the ED being too articulate of an amp for my taste, and maybe I am just more of a classic rock Marshall-esque kind of guy. Just be careful, that's all. Amps in the store seem to sound different than the amp when you get it home. Would be nice to get both amps at home and/or rehearsal with all of your gear and then make the call. Just keep your ED paperwork and packaging for a full refund if needed. Either amp is not perfect for my style, so still searching, because: when I'm not searching for better tone I'll be taking a dirt nap.

I went from a Stiletto into an ED and after many,many,many years- I am as close to the tone in my head as I ever have been- High gain, Low gain and clean- all in the same box.
Playing guitar has never been as fun. The only down side is the weight of the 212 combo, but sometimes you have to suffer a little appreciate a wonderful thing....

just made this stiletto vid.. there is another on my account w/ the fluid drive mode, and channel 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y37MV7H8xWI

Back