effects w/boogie recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiskeyroad

Reaction score
I have owned and played tons of amps, always got into effects with them.

I now own my first Boogie Recto and man ,I am used to stompboxes and miss the effects but, I am getting such GREAT tone out of the amp without them.

My question is, does anyone use effects that make it sound even better?
I was thinking along the lines of MI Audio Tube Zone? Timmy? Is there some you boogie true boogie heads can suggest?

Some good pedals you listed there..

I LOVE slamming the front of my Dual Rec with my OCD.. wouldn't play it any other way.

Ive never been huge into stompboxes. But Im am crazy over a tone ive gotten from my Boss BD-2 Blues Drive. I run through a Gibson Les paul Studio into a Single rectifier. On the blues driver I turn the gain down between 0-2, turn up the level, and put the tone at 9:00, all on modern high gain. This doesn't add much more distortion or unwanted noise at all but it Fattens up the sound and gives it some juice. It makes my leads sear.

I hit the front end of my recto with a Keely TS9. output maxed, tone straight up, and gain all the way down. Works soooo good! Also I use just a little bit of BBE in the loop. That's it.

Latest posts

Back