Effects Loop?!?!?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.Hetfield

Reaction score
Whenever I turn my effects loop on I seem to loose some gain and treble...

What gives??? New pre-amp tube??

Id try a new preamp tube or two.

I used to have a problem with my loop, but it needed some pots replaced, cause the other ones basically were just falling apart. After that its been perfect. I dont experience any tone loss, like losing treble. I havent played on any Mesa that has that happen actually. And I dont have any mods done to mine, its still in its stock parallel setup.

But yeah, preamp tube, mess with settings, or take it to a tech if its still cause some problems.

fluff191 said:
Gotta do the series mod.

Does the series mod apply to the Roadster as well. The loop is the only drawback for me on the Roadster.

Spewnz said:
zeppelin said:
fluff191 said:
Gotta do the series mod.

Does the series mod apply to the Roadster as well. The loop is the only drawback for me on the Roadster.

the roadster has a series loop already

Yes, I know the effects loop is series but I didn't know if the mod would eliminate the tone loss when turning the effects loop on. Thanks

That's like saying you hate loosing tone cause it sounds better with a superconducting cable over a copper cable. Personally, you can't really beat physics. However, I would like to point out that the loops on Mesas are actually relatively quiet transparent. You'll be shocked at how other amps out there rob tone with the loop in the circuitry...

The Roadster effects loop is pretty good, I agree. The only problem to me is it's better with it off - so it makes it hard to ever want to use the loop. In my case, I'm willing to sacrifice the pedal's tones a bit and run them up front in exchange for the absolute best amp tone. That said, if there wasn't an option to hard bypass the loop, the tone of the loop would never be an issue and I'd be using it fine with no complaints.

Never had any issues with the loop. In fact, I would like the same loop on my Stiletto. Adjust accordingly.

Had plenty of compliments on my tone also.

fluff191 said:
Gotta do the series mod.

I've noticed (at least on the 2 channel heads) that the serial mod does not completely eliminate the dry signal. There's a flaw in the loop design which does not allow it to be 100% wet. It's more like 95% wet, 5% dry.

With the way I have my effects set up, I'm using my processor for my clean sound and only use the Recto's power section....I get all my cleans from the processor. But, I still have some bleed through of the orange channel high gain, which is what my head is set to, so I can switch from clean to orange modern. Even if I completely bypass the effects unit and turn it off, I still get that little bit of high gain bleed through. It's not enough to notice when it's miced up, but it's still there.

Latest posts

Back