Effects Loop - Road King

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tricky

Reaction score
Hello, looking for help in setting up my effects loop for the Road King Head. I have all four channels working independently, but can't figure out how to configure the effects loop to activate the master volume and solo controls (as well as hooking up pedal board effects through the effects loop. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I don't think you can get the loop to activate the master volume and solo control - you couldn't on my old 3ch Recto. As for connecting it, use only time based effects in the loop, and basically use the send and return jacks of either of the loops...

You're gonna need to use either the normal footswitch to kick in the solo, or the external switching jacks, and some kind of switching unit to do this.

What gets me is: I don't even own this model amp, yet I can access the information requested, right here on the web, at the Mesa Boogie sight! Furthermore, I would'nt doubt if the person in question has an owners manual? Finally, to the question at hand: There is a Bypass Switch for the Loop(s), on the rear panel, employ it, and the Solo & Master Controls become active! It's not that tricky, tricky! :shock:

Thank you for the feedback. I indeed have an owners manual and have flipped the bypass to active, but the master volume and solo controls are not working even when I activate with the King Controller. I was checking to see if I was missing a step and obviously something isn't working properly. I appreciate the feedback and will get it checked at my dealer.

Best regads.

I have heard the Solo control will only work or be noticable above the level at which the Master is set! So if I better understand your original question: You are getting effects through each channel, yet the Master & Solo controls won't activate? Is the Footcontroller rotary on the rear panel set to Footswitch?

Hello and thanks for continuing the dialog. Probably my bad for not asking clear questions! I do have the selector to footswitch and that works fine. Individual channels work fine (effects or not). When I activate the bypass to the effects loops which is required to get the master volume and solo knobs to work, the sound completely cuts off and I hear nothing. On channel four, I do get a very low volume guitar sound and alot of buzzing, but the other channels are completely quiet. Strange. I've seen them work on other amps, so something must be wrong.

Thanks again!

Check your effect loop preamp tube its location is in the the manual in the tube lay out. I'm guessing V5. Change it if you got another and good luck dude!

Thanks - will do. Also just noticed that Effects Loop 2 light is lit on the front of the amp even though it is turned off on all four channels and the bypass is activated. It is not engaged via the footswitch either...

Do you have your channel masters up pretty good when activating the loop, they do act as effects loop sends when the loop is engaged!

Back