Effects and the V.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would highly suggest staying away from using the MXR Carbon Copy with the V. I own a V, have owned the MXR Carbon Copy, and have used them together. It basically destroyed all of my tone and I'm not exaggerating as I tried this delay with my V twice. Although this is a quite overused term, "it put a blanket over" everything, and seemed to lower the power/output of the amp itself, not to mention that the delay could barely be heard. It did not sound bad on Ch.1 (didn't sound good either,) but when it came to Ch.2 and Ch.3 it sounded like someone put a muffler on my amp. I use an Alesis MidiVerb 4 (looped) as a go-to for delays; not an expensive unit, but the quality is there. I'm starting to find that although I haven't found the perfect delay for my V yet, digital is working better than analog with it. Sometimes I do use my EHX DMM (looped) but do not like it near as much as the Alesis. Delay's are kind of hard when it comes to the V. I find that Analog sounds better on Clean and Digital on OD/Dist.

MusicManJP6 said:
digital delay sounds best after distorted tones (in the loop) and analog sounds best in front of the clean channel. This is just my .02!

Agreed!

Back