Effect Loop Troubles

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magnetico

Reaction score
Hi. I've got a trouble with my Lonestar Head V.2.
When the effect loop is engaged, with no effect inserted, the volume suddenly goes down and I can't hear anything.
It happens specially at low volumes and betwen a note and other, when the volume goes down after the attack.
Any idea of the reason of this troouble?

Emanuele

Did this just start happening recently? Or did you aquire it this way? The tube V3 may be the culprit.

plan-x said:
Did this just start happening recently? Or did you aquire it this way? The tube V3 may be the culprit.

It started after few time I owned it brand new, but not from the beginning.
I used the amp only 3 time on stage and about 20 times at home.

Try jumping the effects send to the return with just a cable. I know on the older Boogies the contacts in the return switch inside the jack can get messed up, causing the problem you're describing.

-dave

sounds like corrosion on the send / receive jacks.. plug in a short cable

Take out the chassis and gently bend the tip of the input jack in so it is tighter against the 1/4" male end. Mine did the same thing.

ziehmrd said:
Magnetico, did you ever find the solution to this problem?

I didn't find a solution.
I gave the amp head to my tech for two times and he said it was ok!

Now I bought a EHX Caliber 22 pedal head and I used it with the Lonestar 2x12 cab.
I found that the same matter occurred: so the problem is the cabinet.
It's strange, because when I used the cab with the Lonestar head, if I bypassed the effect loop, it worked.
I checked all the cab contacts and they looked ok.
I should take the cabinet to the tech.
I think my rig is not under warranty anymore: I hope it's not a speaker ...

Latest posts

Back