ED with MM JP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I want to know this one also. I really want a JP. I really cannot imagine the ED sounding bad with any guitar.

I have a JP6 with piezo. Did my A/B/C/D comparisons over a few weeks at the Guitar center on MKV, ED, Roadster, TR, I think maybe the Express 50 watt version too The ED did a great job on neck position leads above the 12th fret sounding smooth and hot. I like to switch from bridge to neck pup as I go up the neck sometimes. All around mesa take on Marshall tone. Solid amp that is very easy to get sounding good. ED is a great amp. It does not have the flexibility of the MKV but it is one I usually find my way to and play on some when I visit GC. I ended up getting a MKV, and a few months later a REC.

The JP6 is just a fantastic guitar. I have had a few LP's, Strats, and have a 69 SG, Ibz 540, Skully, Tele, and a few acoustics. Not a large or expensive collection but a few decent pieces. The JP6 is my daily player, most versatile, and the best guitar. The asymetrical neck shape is excellent on day one and then grows on you. The piezo system EB uses is also excellent. The guitar feels very solid and you can feel the note vibrations clearly. The choice had nothing to do with JP on the guitar. I think it is the best guitar in that price range.

I currently have an Axis Super Sport and love the neck. Does the JP compare feeling wise?

Assumer said:
I currently have an Axis Super Sport and love the neck. Does the JP compare feeling wise?

The JP model has a slightly offset depth at the top of the neck. The deepest part of the V is offset toward the low E string, to fit in the natural notch in your hand at the web of your thumb. U may want to look it up on the MM web site. The asymetrical shape of the neck is most pronouced at the top. It does make it easier to play. No other guitar is as comfortable. It really fits your hand. But everyone does not like the same thing...... I prefer Ashley Judd over Pamela Anderson, others would make a different choice 8)

I am using a JP6 with my new ED and it sounds killer. I have the non-piezo 6 string model. Also using an Axis and Silhouette Special. All sound great with the ED...

As far as the necks - the JP neck is wider and flatter than the Axis neck

mesaaxis.jpg

Latest posts

Back