Dyne headshell

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elvis

Reaction score
Looks like I fell into the same trap as a few others. I got the long head, and now I want a medium. I think Mesa actually discontinued the long head.

I ordered a medium headshell from Mesa yesterday for $319. Not too bad, and probably no more expensive than selling the long head and buying a medium head. And I get to keep a chassis that I know works well and has all new tubes.

I thought about getting the black ostrich, which is pretty cool, but the added cost was more than $400! :shock:

Looks like vinyl for me. They're still pretty.

It's big, and doesn't sit well on a 4x10 or a rack, two places I like to put it. I'll still keep the long shell in case I get a 2x12 or 4x12, but that's unlikely. I doubt I could sell it anyway.

I fancy the medium shell. Wanted it originally but none in the Uk. Will call Monday. I like smaller heads. Always wanted one.

Cheers Rich

Does that mean you've got a spare headshell lying around? I've got a combo that I've been wanting to turn into a head + cab. What color is your long head shell? I might be interested in grabbing that. PM me if you're interested in working something out.

Latest posts

Back